Monday, March 12, 2012

A SNEAK PEAK

BUT FIRST A WEATHER UPDATE

HOT AND HUMID

The forecast for the coming week is Highs of high 70’s to low 80’s and overnight low’s of mid 60’s.  Yup, It’s gonna be hot and humid with varying chances of precipitation – being in the 20% range – meaning we’ll likely get no rain at all.  No sign of the SUN though but I don’t mind that as long as it’s gonna be warm.

Got the bike out first thing this morning – first time since I left Yuma.  And that was two weeks ago.  Not good.

THERE ARE CHORES TO BE DONE.

Put some laundry together and on the bike I went to find a Laundromat.  Got that tedious little task out of the way and it sure felt good to be on the bike again.

Next up was re-filled 15 of those small, one pound propane cylinders……I use those for my Mr. Heater – but sure won’t be needing them this week.

01

HUH ??

Isn’t that one of those rollie thingies that mechanics use ?  What on earth is she up to now ??

02

WHAT is she doing UNDER the rig ??

03

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS ON A MISSION !!!

04

SURE LOOKS SERIOUS….

05

NATURALLY MANY TOOLS HAD TO COME OUT …..

06

THE CULPRIT !!

07A

AND IT’S NOW OFF !!

08

You see this damn mud flap ( is that what it’s called ? ) was buckled and would hook in the steps when they retracted.  And then suddenly, while I was cruising down the Highway, it would loosen out of the steps, making a LOUD noise and scaring ‘da crap outta me.  Or it would scrape against the tire when I turned, equally scaring me as much.  I was determined to get the foolish thing OFF and now will get a new one that’s straight.

NOW FOR THE SNEAK PEAK

My EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT has really outdone herself finding this gorgeous spot for me to relax and enjoy.  Definitely a HUGE BONUS is in store – I’m even thinking of 50% of the currently outrageously high salary I’m already paying her !!

No, It’s not the desert of Arizona that I love so much.  But let’s face it -  I’m not in Arizona anymore.

To my left……

09

To my right…..

10

In front of me…………..

11

As the sun was setting……

12

A short little video of this place….

Yes Folks, Full hook-ups and this beauty – all for the incredibly low price of FREE !!

And of course a Blog post is never complete without a pic of my boy.  We were outside playing ‘squeekie’.

13

10 comments:

  1. I wonder how they can operate if full hookups are free. It's great but someone has to pay the piper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to start giving Jim or Lee a run for their money at fixing stuff at the rate you're going. Good for you. Beautiful place you're in - just wish the weather was better for you. I hate humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK D I am intrigued.....just where is this place and WHY is it FREE with those services.....is it Correctional Services Property

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the beautiful green grass in that park. Free is good. You better watch with all those tools. Someone might come up and want you to fix something of theirs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna know about the free, too. Who runs this utopia?

    That's some butch stuff going on under the rig. Annie approves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the rainy days you had, you and Bennie deserve this beautiful place. Congratulations! Kudos too for being such a model inspiration for us girl RV fulltimer wannabes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made do without a "creeper" for many years, but MAN was I ever glad I bought one. Don't use it that often, but there are times when it comes in really handy. Especially under say, a motorhome? (on pavement of course)
    I'll probably take it along the next time we purchase a vehicle, whatever that may be. Never know what's going on under there.
    Hm. Free Hook-ups? It's not April Fool's just yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great camping place. This executive assistant of yours is a real gem.

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....and the new mud flap thingies better have a Harley Davidson orange and black on them or your name will be "MUD" with me!! My dear you got enough tools there to fix a motor!! LOL!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job, getting that bent mud flap off. You gotta love a girl with tools!

    That is a beautiful park. Especially after being in Q so long, the grass looks very inviting. Free is perfect, of course, you have a great Executive Assistant!

    I, too, wonder how they do it. Just the upkeep, mowing the lawns, etc, would be $$$, but hook-ups, too? I'm surprised they had any open sites.

    ReplyDelete