Saturday, March 24, 2012

SETTLED AGAIN FOR A WEEK

I’m now settled into another gorgeous spot !  I’m hoping to hang around here for a week – however, it is VERY HOT and HUMID !  And that may change things.

I had given my EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT the mandate to “get me home” without me having to pay ANY camping fees.  WELL, We both realized in short order that was an impossible task.  I’m not in Arizona anymore – the boondocking Capital of the World I’m sure.

But Man Oh Man, Did she ever work hard trying !!  Found me some GREAT spots and up to this point I have paid a Grand Total of $9.00 for camping fees.  Gotta give that Gal a raise !!

She scored again BIG TIME on this beautiful Park.  NO, It’s not FREE – but for $15.00 (FHU’s) a day or $98.55 for a week – you’ll know I’m not complaining !!

MY FRONT YARD

05

MY SIDE YARD

06

MY BACK YARD

07

SEE ME WAY DOWN THERE !!

08

And of course the most important thing – Bennie likes it here !!

I noticed this thing nailed to the tree ??  What is it ?  And what’s it for ??

09

I put on that INSECT SCREEN I bought awhile back.  The one below I had already put on – that is for the hot water cover.

10

And these three I had put on before also.

11

This latest one was very easy.  All you had to do was take the cover off and lay the screen in place.  Then put the cover back on.

12

DONE !

13

I met some great folks here.  They are ‘locals’ – only live 7 miles from the Park but come here in their 5th wheel several times a year to get away.  Judy and her Husband, Dennis and another guy named Larry (?). They know the Park well and have the coolest little golf cart to buzz around in.

They took me (and Bennie of course) around for a tour.  They know everything about this place and there’s no way I could retain it all. 

Sandie, Tell Jim this is another BIG TIME fishing spot !!

14

15

GATORS !!!

16

17

A DAM

18

There’s a beautiful Corps of Engineers Campground over there….They told me it’s always full and you need to make reservations months in advance.  This is the WEBSITE that tells you about it and ALSO THIS ONE.

19

Here’s a zoomed pic…

20

I’m fairly certain Larry told me that the Lake is 38,000 acres BIG.  Is that possible ??

21

22

Look for the red lettering on the pic below.

23

There was a flood here and this is how high the water rose.  Apparently someone was out in a boat and wrote that on the concrete.

Here’s a pic taken from farther away to give you a better idea of how high the water was !!

24

25

The pole in the centre of this pic is to monitor water levels.  The vertical pole marks the number of feet the water rose and the horizontal boards show the year the water was that high.  Impossible to imagine.

26

What FUN I had zooming around in that little golf cart, seeing all the gorgeous scenery that is all part of this Park.  This little Town is right on the Florida/Georgia Border so one minute we were in Florida and another minute we were in Georgia !! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, another really great park. Your assistant is super good at picking places to stay. I'm going to be in the Florida panhandle this summer so I may get a chance to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,

    Boy you sure have yourself in a great spot---that Assistant of yours definately is earning a raise !!!!

    You should have a great week there---resting up & off the busy highways. Take some time to unwind & enjoy---before heading North.

    Take care, Lynn, Vancouver.
    PS. Finally a lovely weekend here on the West Coast---we deserve it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous park!! Stay away from those alligators.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad yer wearing your red Harley Davidson shirt while taking at least one tof those pictures!! Glad to read and hear you're having a great time....see you soon in Ontario.

    HB

    ReplyDelete