Friday, March 2, 2012

LAST VIEWS OF YUMA

I left Yuma last Monday and I sure will miss it.  A few last pics…..

Off I go to re-fill my propane tank.

01

Holly out in her kayak fishing.  The Pond is small but it sure is beautiful and peaceful.

01

She caught a fish !  Here she’s trying to get the boat back  in without losing her precious cargo…

02

Got it reeled in..

04

It’s a fighter !  Holding it down waiting for Daryl to come to the rescue !!  You will notice Bennie is never too far from the action.

05

YUCK !  This is the part that I don’t like.

02

Bennie supervising to make sure they are doing it right.

03

Oh, Look at this !  They now have partial hook-ups at the Pond.  Only electric and water – but there’s only ONE there !  And Daryl/Holly snagged it.  Lucky campers.

17

HEE HEE HEEE – This is a ‘fake’ post that Daryl made and it catches the attention of everyone !!

Jamie & Mudder were off gallivanting around Casa Grande and Tombstone during my latest stay at the Pond.  But they came back before I left.

Jamie was pretty desperate to redeem himself and to prove to me he could actually catch a fish.

PROOF – JAMIE CAUGHT A FISH !! Bennie hoping he’d drop it !!

02

He was on a roll that day.  He caught FOUR.  And the next morning he caught four more.

And we enjoyed our last ‘little’ fire together.

03

Sure will miss that Cranbrook crowd.  We spent quite a bit of time together over the last months. And I really enjoyed meeting Holly & Daryl from Duncan.

It was hard saying good-bye on Monday knowing that quite likely I would not see them again.  Shur, I do believe I even saw a wee tear in the corner of Jamie’s eye !!

But it’s Eastward ho I must go….slowly…ever so slowly….

6 comments:

  1. Those goodbyes are not fun. And knowing that it could be a few years before we see each other again makes it even harder. But you just never know what's going to happen and as RVer's we've learned to enjoy to the max our times together. Travel safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I've ever seen one of the "fake utility posts". Funny!!! Nice big fish, good catch! Too bad you're leaving there just as the fishing is getting so "hot"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.....stay to the south until you reach the East Coast.....as you know central us is getting hit pretty hard with bad weather...which is a month earlier than normal.....Safe Travels

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping we'd meet up again - maybe next year. I'm glad you had such a good time in Arizona - you really hit a lot of good spots. Are you heading home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie, Ya, it was kinda strange - but hopefully I'll get back next year.

    Russ, It is so real looking. I'm gonna get my Brother to make me one and set it up everytime I bookdock !!

    Bob, That's the plan for sure.

    Barbara, Yup, heading home to take care of some business and hopefully will be able to get back on the road again by next Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to come south and always sad to go. However, you'll have many summer adventures too and I'm sure everyone will look forward to finding out what you get into during the summer.

    ReplyDelete