Thursday, March 1, 2012

IMPERIAL DAM

Holly and Daryl (Folks I met from Duncan, British Columbia) and I, took a run on the bikes to the Imperial Dam area.  I had heard a lot about this place but had not been.

On the way there we stopped to look at this Exhibit.

01

02

03

Check out the bullet holes !!

04

05

06

07

08

The Imperial Dam.  Right next to this was a lovely, grassy picnic area where I was able to let Bennie out and run around.

09

10

A lunch stop at Squaw Lake.

11

This is a very pretty area where you can Park your RV (for a nominal fee – no hook-ups) for a maximum of a two week stay.

12

13

But as gorgeous as it is, I would not want to stay there.  The RV’s parked off in the distance in the next pic are in a large paved parking lot and are just as bad as any RV Park.  Crammed in and right next to each other.  Can you imagine the noise at night when the generators get fired up !!

14

This is another area very close to Squaw Lake (but not walking distance) that is MUCH better.  Lots of room here so that you are not on top of your neighbours.  The number of places to boondock in Arizona seems to be endless.  I love it !!  One of these places is called Senators Wash but I’m not sure which one.  We rode around several different areas that day.

15

This area is very large and goes on for miles.  I took this pic while stopped but couldn’t take any more because we were riding through it on a very ROCKY, GRAVEL road and I was hanging onto the handlebars for dear life !!

16

I sure will miss Arizona !!

4 comments:

  1. AZ and all of us are going to miss you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, we're going to Yuma Sunday. will you still be at Imperial Dam? If so we could drop in and drink a cup of coffee with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, I'm so behind with my Blog posts. We were at the Imperial Dam last week. Actually, I'm on my way back East now. Hope to see you guys again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh Denise, Finally heading back to the Rock !!!!!

    Don't travel too quickly---winter still has it's grip on the East Coast.

    Safe travels, take care,

    Lynn, Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete