Monday, March 26, 2012

A BETTER DAY TODAY

Forgot to mention that the day after I arrived here I moved to a different spot.  It’s very hot here and the spot was in full sun all day with no shade protection.

The spot I’m in now is protected from the sun by the trees until about mid afternoon.  Still a very nice spot.

05

And Bennie still has his freedom - although he tends to wander more here following the smell of food.

06

That’s my closest neighbour, however, I’ve yet to see them.

08

09

I am LOVING IT here.  It feels so peaceful.  The most noise I hear are from the birds chirping !

I got woken up in the middle of the night AGAIN last night – to the itchiness of several mosquito bites I had gotten !!  Here’s two – and I have FOUR more just like it – all on my left arm.  What ?  Those skeeters don’t like my right arm ??

03

04

Bennie taking a nap.

02

THAT COMPARTMENT DOOR IS OPEN !!!

You will notice I didn’t say “I” got the compartment door open.  NOPE !  My new friend Dennis, who I met the other day, took a try at it and after some effort he managed to get it open !!  YEAH !!

01

I took a little run to Walmart today to get some supplies.  It’s only about 20 miles from here and a very scenic little run.

When I got back I was exhausted from the heat so chilled out on my ‘Patio’ and put some soothing music on.  Yanni I believe it was.

This is a City Park and someone came around today to collect the $$$ – I’ve been here four days !!  That was when Dennis and crew were trying to get my compartment door open.  When he asked how long I was going to be here and I told him a week – he said he’d come back another time.  Very laid back atmosphere for sure.

He did say they were going to spray re the mosquitos and sure enough about 1/2 hour ago the truck came by.  Sure hope it helps get rid of them !!

07

All in all an uneventful day – just the way I like them !!

26 comments:

  1. Sassy, mosquitoes like you as they like me. Here's something I found that REALLY works. You can buy them in big box stores, but here's one type: http://tinyurl.com/blwyle6

    I got the lantern, but I've heard the smaller one works just as well.

    If I want to sit outside to read, I put it on about 10 minutes before and no bugs. I hate putting oily stuff on, but I did find Jungle Juice from REI very effective when out walking. I dab it rather than smear it and it seems to work. I believe it's 100% feet.

    As far as soothing music I like Yanni and a lot of other artists, but my most recent find (thank you Ara) is Snatam Kaur. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobo, Ya those skeeters really LOVE me. I've been putting rubbing alcohol on the bites and I did buy another product at Walmart today. As soon as I have an 'address' again I'm going to order that lantern ! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. BUT will the door close now? The park looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, The door actually closes. I was surprised.

      Delete
  3. That really looks peaceful. Much nicer than the places we usually choose to stay the night over on our way home.
    We check out rest areas or WM's. Occasionally we stay on a noisy truck stop.
    Today we found a spot for the night by accident. We wanted to pull into an RV campground, but the entrance was to narrow. Close by was this abandoned gas station/truck stop. Just the place we were looking for, said Peter, and we have the whole spot for ourselves! (Bea)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea, When I'm on the road going from Point A to Point B I also do the WM's and Truck Stops for overnight.

      I needed to get off the road for awhile so wanted to find a nice spot. This fits the bill perfectly !

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried it but I did read somewhere that WD40 will keep the mosquitoes away. A little sprayed on the bill of a ball cap or dabbed on your wrist or legs is supposed to work...if you have some give it a try. It sure can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have WD40 and can actually get at it now that the compartment door is open. But YUCK !

      Delete
  5. I wondered if that door would close too. Glad that it does. Your executive assistance always seems to find you the best places. You should rent her services out. Look at the money YOU might make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, Thanks a GREAT plan. She does all the work - and I get paid !! LOL

      Delete
    2. Huh? I don't like that plan at all considering I am still waiting for my "increase" and "bonus".............WAIT....I'm still waiting on my "PAY"

      Delete
    3. ROTFLMAO - I was wondering when you'd chime in here.

      Delete
  6. They spray for mosquitoes like that where I live and I can't see that it does all that much good. The spray just doesn't reach far enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw today I would certainly agree with you.

      Delete
  7. That's my kinda park with all those trees! Where are you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, North West in Florida. Will publish the exact name of the Park when I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey D...."publish when I leave"....are you afraid of being stocked....I notice that your list of followers has grown since you left Yuma, you must have made a host of new friends.
    We had record high temps in Ontario the past week,breaking all the previous ....it was in the high 80's that's F'. Hopefully, no cold weather or snow as you turn and head north.
    Travel safe...
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stalked.....sorry about the spelling error
      BOB

      Delete
    2. Hey Bob, Hang on to that nice weather until I get there !! And I just noticed you finally got a Blog going. Good Stuff !! Now I really can keep track of you. LOL

      BTW, As a Solo/Female RV'er I don't usually disclose my specific location until after I've left. Just a little safety thing - you never know - it is the Internet afterall.

      Delete
  10. You know, those really don't look like mosquito bites. They look a lot more like chigger bites. I've never seen a mosquito bite spread out that far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chigger bites ?? Of to Google I go to find out what they are ??

      BTW, The bites spread much wider throughout the evening. I was becoming concerned. They do seem better though this morning.

      Delete
  11. We use a thermacell to repel mosquitos. It works real well. You can find one at walmart. it is a "appliance". thats what the ad calls it anyway. You set it on a table next to you and it repels 225 ft. area. It uses a small a butane cartridge.
    Enjoy your rest, looks like Bennie is LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those but had forgotten about it !! After Hobopals mentioned the lantern I realized I had it !!

      Delete
    2. well get that thing out girl! You cant be in the south and not prepare for those mosquitos LOL
      Chiggers are bad too. Dont usually get them unless you sit on the grass or walk thru tall weeds.

      Delete
  12. Hey girl, just trying to catch up with you while my connection is actually working for a change. What's happening with the bulging water tank? Glad he got the door open for you. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get some benedryl cream to put over those bites. It should help. Those mosquito trucks keep the skeeter population down, but it doesn't kill all of them.
    Love the looks of that park.

    ReplyDelete