Thursday, February 9, 2012

SLAB CITY

I’ve heard so much about Slab City – or more fondly known simply as The Slabs – that it was a place I really wanted to see for myself.  There is a ton of information on the Internet about it but I felt it was one of those places that I just had to ‘experience’ for myself.  Much like Quartzsite I think.

First impressions you might ask ? I LOVE IT HERE !!

I’ve taken a gazillion of pics however with my cheap little camera they simply do not do this place justice. Nor do my writing skills have the ability to describe it as it should be.  So I refer you to some other Blogs.

Nina from WHEELING IT describes her recent day trip here:

http://wheelingit.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/day-trippin-to-salvation-mountain-slab-city-ca/

She gives a wonderful description of how ‘The Slabs’ came to be and goes on to describe the wide variety of people who stay here.

Al and Kelly from the BAYFIELD BUNCH also recently spent several days here.  Al’s gift of photography and his wonderful way with words makes you feel like you were actually here.  Click on any or all of the following links to get your own virtual experience of this place.

http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2012/02/touring-suburbs-of-slab-city-california.html

http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2012/02/east-jesus-sculpture-center-at-edge-of.html

http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2012/02/rockin-at-range.html

I NOW HAVE SOLAR !!!!

But that deserves a post all of it’s own !  I’m very excited.  My credit card isn’t so excited but it will eventually get paid off just like everything else.

It’s been a very busy two days and I’m exhausted so I’m looking forward to hanging around here for another few days to enjoy my solar and rest !!

Oh, The Internet connection here is painfully slow !

9 comments:

  1. A little birdie told us you were in Slab City and getting solar. Guess who the little birdie was??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri, No trouble to know who that little birdie is !! LOL I'll be writing about him in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to where you got your solar and other details.

    Mike and Dee
    gonerving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to get a post up on that tomorrow - internet connection here is very slow. But I did get it done here at The Slabs through Mike at Sun Works.
    Will post the details tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your 71,000th visitor....das alot a people my dear!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha Byron - That's only because you click on here a hundred times a day to see if I've put a new post on ! LOL And when I don't you e-mail me giving me sh#t !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we will have to check out the slabs next time we travel west. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SCHAR ..such a pedophile on ASEASE.
    No-one could figure how he made what he made and failed and looked so GROSS.
    But that's his SASSEN in SS BANKS.
    And with all your SASSY- SYRIA gave it on SYN SEA 7 - 777 PINK PANDA ST.
    Have any of you ever been there?
    TELEANGE has with BRATEOPH and GATERS.
    CEOPPO - MMILAYST.

    ReplyDelete