Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MORE ABOUT THE SLABS

I spent 5 days at The Slabs and when I left there I stopped just for an overnight back at Quartzsite trying to determine my next stop.  A look at the weather forecast quickly made up my mind on that – back to Yuma I went.

The route to The Slabs took me by the IMPERIAL SAND DUNES.  Quite an awesome sight to see.

01

02

03

04

But check out JERI'S BLOG as her pics really show how amazing these dunes are.

The Slabs is indeed a very unique and interesting place to spend some time. It’s a place that lots has been written about and many photos taken. It’s a place that I truly am glad I had the opportunity to ‘experience’.

01

02

03

04

05

06

11

08

09

And of course someone there has T-Shirts for sale and I had to have one…

10

And just because you may not have enough room on your roof for Solar or your roof is round – well yes, you can still install solar panels….

04

01

02

03

The Slabs even has it’s own BARBER SHOP….

04

It’s own HOT TUB where I was told the temperature is in excess of 100F….

05

It’s own SHOE TREE….

06

It’s own INTERNET CAFE….

07

I parked in the area where the LOWS (Loners On Wheels) were as that is where Lee (my Solar Consultant) was.  Here is a  short video taken from the roof of my rig.

I couldn’t help but admire and respect the creativity and resourcefulness of the people that live there.

9 comments:

  1. What did you think of the drive past the dunes in your rig? Did the dips make you nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Slabs is one place on my bucket list - I hope to see it this year. Loved all you photos.

    I think staying by the LOWs was a good idea, I might do the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what Annie said. And, girlfriend, you were totally DWP (Driving While Photographing)! I was barely keeping water down.

    I do want to stay at the Slabs, and I must see the Dunes again.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Slabs is definitely a place everyone needs to experience at least once. Lee loves it there and I'm sure would welcome you back whenever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Absolutely fantastic pictures. You always do such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, I didn't mind the dips too much. They sure were deep though !!

    Barbara, Yes definitely stay with the LOWS. They are a great group of people.

    Rox, Guilty as charged for DWP ! LOL Love to do those dips on the bike !

    Jeri, Your pics of the dunes were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting about the Slabs. I must go visit one day. Did Bennie have hippie beads to display around his neck?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep dips is right! I'm thinking we'll need to take off the tow dolly and drop hitch else we'll be contributing to the gouges in the pavement on some of those dips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bennie is so cute. He wanted to make sure you didn't leave him home.

    I would like to visit the slabs some day.

    ReplyDelete