Friday, February 24, 2012

A DAY TRIP TO MEXICO

My neighbours this time are Holly and Daryl from Duncan, B.C.  AND they are fellow riders.

They were heading to Mexico today to get some dental work done – a very popular thing for Canadians to do as the cost is significantly cheaper.

I tagged along to my first ever trip to Mexico.  It is only 25 minutes from where I am staying right now.

Entering the Mexican border.

01

Sure glad guns are illegal – bloody things should be illegal everywhere !

02

I couldn’t believe how CHEAP everything is there.  A carton of cigs is only $30.00 !!  A 40 oz. bottle of Kahlua (that Holly and Daryl bought) was only $8.50 !!!

I certainly didn’t ‘need’ anything but wondered if they might have anything ‘HARLEY’ ??  They have EVERYTHING HARLEY there.

03

No idea why they would have a Harley logo on this eye glass place ??

04

There were at least a half dozen different stained glass vendors selling beautiful pieces.

05

06

07

08

A quick stop for lunch….

09

10

I bought a ‘Harley’ lantern.  The guy is making it special order for me here….

11

12

He’s drying the paint now…

14

Scenes of people sitting around enjoying the music – which was quite good.

15

16

My lantern !

17

Love the detail he put into it…

18

A back view….

19

I could have gotten one that takes oil or one that is electric.  I chose the electric…

24

25

Of course I had to buy the obligatory T-Shirt !  The back…

20

The front….

21

And a light jacket.  The front….

22

The back….

23

It really was quite the experience being there.  The Vendors are relentless !!  But I had sooooo much fun !!

10 comments:

  1. You're one beautiful Harley girl!! Now where in the world are you with a water front view!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lantern, but isn't your closet full by now? lol. Glad you had fun. Mexico is definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the great shot of the Oregon Ducks glass work! They really do have something there for everybody, don't they? Good place to get your eyeglasses and dental work, if you need any of that done. They have something for everyone, and how about the huge parking lot run by the indian tribe, just this side of the border? At least that's what I remember from a few years ago. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lantern, it's beautiful! I'll bet it's on every night. :)

    No, my site at Quartzsite is taken by someone else, I told them I wouldn't be back. I talked to Hazel this morning, though, and they have saved all my stuff. I told them to just take it, but she said they are "using" them, but they are ready to return them to me if I come back. I might get back to Quartzsite before the season is over, I'm not sure yet.

    Glad you had a good time in Mexico - I don't plan to cross the border - in fact, I don't have a passport, so I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy, I haven't been around lately but I just love that HD lantern...and you know it's the best piece you've purchased all winter(in my mind). Hope all is well and you understand all that solar jargin!! LOL!!
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the lamp is freakin' cool! And it's amazing to sit there & watch it being made huh? I true meaning of "get 'er done" huh? Love the items you got. Sure made the trip more fun for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Did you walk over?

    2) I like the quality of light from your lantern.

    3) That margarita is AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD!!!

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rox, Yup, Walked over - the only sane way to do it. The parking lot is very close and safe to leave your vehicle there. Cost is $5.00 and you pay when you leave.

    I LOVE my lantern !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lantern AND the clothes are great! Glad you had a great time. I love your blog and am playing catch-up. Sorry about that. Went to an RV show this past Saturday and saw a toy hauler with the drop door capable of transforming into a backyard deck. I thought of you and Bennie, and just knew you would look at it and say, "Uhh, why?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love to go to this place! I would love to see Harley fans buying those Harley accessories for their collection. Well, if ever I would be coming to this place. I would also buy that personalized lantern, but I would make the logo of Harley much bigger compared to yours. :D

    ReplyDelete