Saturday, January 14, 2012

WHERE DO I BEGIN !!

Holy Cow !!  It’s been two weeks since I’ve blogged and the natives are getting restless – and worried.  Friends have been e-mailing me asking if everything is ok.

I’ve gone through ‘blogging slumps’ before but not quite this long.  I gotta be in the ‘mood’ to write a Blog and lately I just haven’t been.

So I’ll start with today and eventually work backwards in future posts until I’m caught up.  Yup, That’s just like me – go backwards to catch up !!  LOL

I mentioned awhile back that Jamie & ‘Mudder’ stayed at this fancy smanchy RV RESORT for two weeks and I went to Quartzsite.  LOTS to Blog about that in another post.

Anyhoooo, This Resort has lots of activities and today they hosted a Harley Bike Show which was open to everyone.  You didn’t have to be staying at the Park.  The cost ?  $3.50 for a burger and ALL THE BEER YOU CAN DRINK.  Oh, Back in ‘da day !!  OR soft drink or coffee etc.  PLUS, There were prizes, live entertainment etc. etc.

OH THE BEAUTIFUL BIKES

04

The next one is a trike conversion and won in two different categories.  I could live a long time just on the value of the chrome on it !!

05

11

12

There were people everywhere.  I figure there had to have been at least a thousand or more people there. Inside – outside – by the pool etc. etc.

01

Of course everyone was decked out in their ‘Harley’ gear.  Jamie & I figured we’d be financially comfortable for the rest of our days just in what the Harley clothing that people wore was worth.  No kidding !!

13

08

09

10

02 - Copy

The following bike is owned by a friend of Jamie and ‘Mudder’.

03

06

07

Later in the afternoon the Folks got out for a few scuffs !!

Sorry about the shaky film – and NO I didn’t have a few whobblies !!  LOL

What a great way to spend a few hours on a nice afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful bikes. But it doesn't look all that warm. The sun has been shining up here today but the wind was so cold. Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks fancy and looks fun. However, I'd rather you be with us in Quartzsite! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie, It wasn't hot by any means but comfortable because there was no wind. It was an overcast day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, those bikes are sure beautiful and soooo much chrome! I shoulda known about the free beer and woulda made a beeline over to the park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics. Makes me miss my Road King even more! Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see yer still around and kickin'!! LOL!
    Sure loved the Harley pictures and just in case you don't realize it....you just made me more depressed...seeing all of those bikes and nice riding weather!! Some day Sassy, some day !! Judy says "hello" and she's jealous as well!!

    ReplyDelete