Saturday, January 28, 2012

THIRD TIME AT QUARTZSITE

A GREAT BIG DESERT

Here with Jamie and Mudder this time and we scouted around Plomosa Rd. to find the perfect spot.  Lots of rigs around but soooo much space also.  Neighbours are nice and far away.

01

02

GOOD GRUB

We pulled in here Monday (January 23rd) late afternoon and we out to dinner at the Grubstake.  It was busy but it wasn’t too long before we got a table.  Service was super fast, the food was deee-lish and huge portions.

07YES, HE ATE ALL OF THAT !!

08

09

Mudder and I had the fish and chips and couldn’t eat it all.

This restaurant/bar sure has a lot of character…

03That’s the ceiling.

04More ceiling

05Ceiling again.

06

POWER SHARING

That Jamie – sharp as a tack sometimes – yup razor blades for breakfast . I have been without hook-ups now since I left Osoyoos, BC. My batteries are performing great but not getting the opportunity for a full charge. SIR JAMIE suggested plugging my rig into their rig !!

You see these guys not only have SOLAR POWER – but enough solar power to launch a space ship !!  They have a total of 660 watts in solar panels and SIX – yes count ‘em SIX 6V deep cycle batteries !!  We decided to give it a try – no reason why it wouldn’t work ?

It works like a charm !!  With all the sun the beautiful State of Arizona provides, their batteries are at full charge early in the morning  And of course I do not have anything running during the day.

BENNIE PUSHES HIS LUCK

As I’ve mentioned before Bennie likes to take advantage of the goodwill of our neighbours.  He sleeps there during the day, drinks all of Brandy’s water, sneaks into their rig whenever possible etc. etc. But one evening he decided that Brandy’s bed looked very comfortable so decided to test it out…

18

Yup, He likes it alright.  “Mom, Can I have one of these?”

19

The next day I vowed I wasn’t coming home without a bed for Bennie.  Jeeze, I would have had one for him years ago if I thought he’d use the damn thing !!

He checks it out………

04

“Thanks Mom, This will do just fine.”

05

But as soon as Bennie turns his head GUESS WHAT HAPPENS !!!

06

Brandy says “Pffft – This will teach you for trying to steal my bed !!”

Another great day ends with a wonderful fire …..

08

And another awesome sunset…….

07

7 comments:

  1. WOW ... I wish we had a long extension cord so we could plug into you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT would be funny - but a great use of solar huh !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of our group at the Grubstake and a lot of them got sick. Sure glad you guys had good food with no problems. Love the kids "exchanging" places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennie looks more comfortable in the little round bed - Katie has one of those, and also a square one, and she didn't like the round one. Never would get into it.

    I wonder if they just like sleeping with the other dogs smells. Just a "dog thing" I guess. :)

    That food looks great!! Are those three full sized burgers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Glad you enjoyed the restaurant. I have read some others got quite ill after eating there in the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, dog bed wars! I'll bet Bennie is thrilled over his new bed though - it's pretty cute...er uh, masculine. Great on all that power too, ya'll would laugh over my ONE deep cell battery in my tiny rig!
    That sure was a lot of food, enough for 3 meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Annie here, from the Good Luck Duck. We're off of Plomosa now, too! Just further out. If you're still around give us a shout, whotookmybucket at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete