Sunday, January 22, 2012

MORE ABOUT Q

I still haven’t caught up from the time I didn’t Blog for two weeks.  That was the time I spent at Quartzsite and seeing as I’m heading back there again shortly I figured I’d better get posting.

I’ve been on the road now for almost 15 months and I do not have a tow car.  My only means of transportation (while parked) is my motorcycle and I have found I can do pretty much everything I need to do using it.

LAUNDRY

01

TAKING GARBAGE TO THE DUMPSTER AT THE SAME TIME

02 - Copy

I’ve added a few more pics of the different ways Folks take their ‘Blue Boys’ to the dump station….

03

04

05

06

I enjoyed many amazing fires (and stories) while hanging out with that Escapee Bunch…

07

That’s SANDIE on the left wrapped up in a quilt.  She’s ALWAYS cold.  I had to go to my rig and get one of Alice’s quilts for her – ‘Alice’ is me udder Mudder.

08

09

My precious little Bennie is an old guy now so gets cold quite easily.  It’s a Mom’s job to keep him warm while we are outside in the evenings.

13

I think (?) I spoke about “The Club House” before in a previous post.  This was JERI'S idea and the theme was to make it as tacky as possible.  Did they succeed ??

14

One day Jim and Sandie and I were heading into Town.  We saw what we thought was a cloud of smoke.  Oh dear, a fire ???  Nope, turns out it was someone stuck in the sand and he was really blowing up dust trying to get out.

15

Now Jim being the neighbourly kinda guy he is, stopped to ask if he wanted some help.  When I saw the guy behind the wheel I said to Sandie “Look at his eyes !!”  It sure looked like he might have had a few too many whobblies !!  But here at Quartzsite you see every type of person imaginable and many who are quite down on their luck.  So I didn’t want to judge too harshly.

Jim also has this super duper kinda truck that he enjoys ‘playing’ with.  He shifted into some kinda gear and next thing we know we are going over an embankment that even a quad shouldn’t be going over !!

Then the Rangers came and told Jim in no uncertain terms NOT to help this guy.  They had called the Police as it turns out this guys really did have several too many whobblies !!  He was PLASTERED !!  OSS TA FIED !!  (don’t think that even a ‘real’ word) Oh for you non-newfie Folks that means very, very DRUNK !

Check out his rear wheel…..

16

Unfortunately (for reasons I won’t get into here) we had to move camp.  NO PROBLEM says Jeri – We’ll just put The Club House on the trailer and haul it to our a new spot with the quad.  And that they did !!

17

18

Never a dull moment hangin’ out with that crowd.

I had to retreat back to ‘da Pond for some peace and quiet !!  LOL

19

20

21

22

23

And enjoy watching the ducks playing around in the water…

5 comments:

  1. A friend of mine gave a bunch of us a good tip. Get a silver, reflective windshield cover (a dollar or two at the dollar store) and put them in your chair reflective side facing the fire. They are a perfect fit in the chair, and they work! Require little storage since they fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm going to have to find me one of those windshield covers. Sure wish you were up here in Q with us this time. Went to the Desert Bar yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatta guy that Jim is - so nice to see someone willing to help other people out.

    Why did you need to move camp?? I liked where you were. Funny that the club house would fit onto a trailer in one piece. You guys are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been missing you! Your blogs may not be often but they usually tell a great story. Love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hi there old friend... It looks like you're having way to much fun. Good on ya!! Thanks for the comment on our blog. Great to hear from you!

    We are still in La Paz, but hope to cut the dock lines soon and get out to the Islands.

    Great blog!

    Kathy, CJ and The Princess Sophie.

    ReplyDelete