Friday, January 27, 2012

GENERATOR PROBLEMS

Every time I turn the generator on, after about 1/2 hour or so, the Carbon Monoxide detector goes off.  I was convinced it was the detector’s fault !!  LOL

Yesterday I decided to pop the cover off the generator and have a look see.

01

02

03

Hmmmmm, I know SFA about generators or anything mechanical for that matter, but I’m pretty sure all this oil shouldn’t be all over the place.  We go look at Jamie’s generator and it’s clean as a whistle !

Googled around for ‘mobile’ generator service in Quartzsite (EVERYTHING is mobile here) and sure enough found someone.

Bob’s Generators will be by sometime this morning to see what the problem is.

Fingers crossed that it’s nothing really serious.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no. That's awful! Hopefully, it's a cheap easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely should not look like that. Fingers crossed here too that it's a cheap and easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody else I read the other day was having similar problems and it turned out to be a plug had pop out on the top. Here's hoping your as lucky.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably a broken line, dried seal or loose nuts somewhere around the tank!! It will be minor I'm sure.

    Judy and I enjoyed chatting with you tonight
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read my own comment and had a real good laugh, "a loose nut".....(she can be found inside the rig) My bad!! LOL!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's a real mess! What is the outcome? I hope it wasn't anything major.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing that it is definitely minor and a quick, easy, inexpensive fix. Anonymous made me ROFLOL. Loose nut, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Byron, No question that I'M the loose nut in the rig !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope yer happy...you got Judy chatting about a rig!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's never wise to ignore a Carbon Monoxide alarm - good move on checking it out.

    Hopefully, it's just a minor problem that can be fixed cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strange - remember when my Co2 monitor was going off? When my generator was checked, I also had oil all over the floor of the generator housing, away from where the oil is.

    He replaced a part, and also said I need to make sure to completely screw in the cap when I'm checking the oil, and not to fill it too full. I don't think I was, but...

    I'm curious about what the diagnosis is on your generator. Mine is still spiking somethings, per my volt meter.

    ReplyDelete