Sunday, January 15, 2012

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN TO QUARTZSITE

I decided to do a Blog post about “Q”, as it’s commonly referred to. This is for the Folks that have never been here.

“Quartzsite is a little town of 3,700 residents in the southern part of Arizona. Every year since the early 60’s when it started as a small selling area for rocks and gem tailgating, it has grown in leaps and bounds to become one of the biggest swap meet areas in the country. Almost 2,000 vendors come each year and bring all kinds of merchandise from all over the world. Last Winter, over one and a half million people visited this area.”

Sandie did a Blog post about Q; as did Jeri and Peter and Bea. Well I guess anyone that Blogs who has spent time in Q will do at least one post about it.

Don’t matter though as there are no amount of words that could explain it. There are no amount of pictures that can capture what it is like there. This place is something you simply have to experience for yourself.

This was my second time already going back there this year and I spent about 10 days there this time. I walked around many of the isles of vendors and venture to say that I still haven’t covered even 1/100th of it ! It’s a lot of walking to cover everything.

A few pics of some of the things I saw.

01

02

03

04

05

06

07

08

09

10

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

Jim and Sandie shopping for these very cool LED, motion sensor lights I got.

20

21

Driving through town on a quad is a common thing to see and is an accepted mode of transportation here.

22

And the ‘Big Tent Show’ hasn’t even started !!

My wallet is substantially lighter as a result of my two previous visits and I’m going back there again next week. Can’t wait !!

Will do a seperate Blog post on all the cool little dooo-daddds I got.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a wonderful review of Q in pictures. And, if you don't mind, I just mind borrow a few 'cuz yours are best.

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! Reminds me of Sturgis. I can't make it for a few years but would love to see your pics from there too. Hint, hint. ;)

    in August:
    http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It breaks my heart I couldn't join you this year. I'd give anything to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a must do for everybody at least once. Just no words. But I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making us wanting to be there even more when we saw all those beads. Good to hear from you and see all your pics. Also, see that you're back at the lake. Better watch out for Minnesota Gal. lol MJ wants to know how your propane thingie is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen the latest on our blog: lmjcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri, Go ahead and STEAL any pics you want. LOL

    DSD, You know I haven't been to Sturgis ...... yet

    Kim, Sure wish you were here. Thought for sure we'd get to meet up in Q.

    LMJ, Took the pics of the beads just for you guys. And they were only the ones on the outside. You should see the inside of this vendor's store!!

    Haven't used the propane thingie myself yet but Jamie has and said it was easy peasy.

    Love the fisherman. Sandie will be wanting one of those for Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. got to get to "Q" next time down....look at any bikes lately?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete