Monday, December 19, 2011

RETIREMENT IS EXHAUSTING !!

My day starts early and next thing you know POOOFFF the day is over.

Jamie and Mudder had some business to take care of the other day so I was on puppy sitting detail.  I had forgotten just how much energy younger dogs have.  Brandy takes ME for a walk…

04

I try to get creative with taking pics – hmmm I think I should leave that to the professionals …

0507

Another job I was given (while those two were out gallivanting !) was to collect rocks for a fire pit and twigs..

11

I did a bang up job if I do say so myself !!

12

Always something pretty to look at….

0102

I met Jim and Liette while I was in Osoyoos.  They were the smart ones and left there before it got freezing cold.  They are here also in Yuma and dropped by for a visit.  Such fabulous people RV’ers are…

03

Liette even brought cookies to have with our tea.  YUMMY !

And we had our first camp fire…

0407

Nothing nicer than a camp fire huh.  Sure takes the chill out – well for most of us…..

0506

While I was in Gila Bend last week Jamie & Mudder made a trip to the Harley store.  Seems that Brandy needed to keep up with the Jones’s ‘cause Bennie has a  Harley Davidson sweater  so apparently Brandy insisted on having one also.  Mudder brought it out so Brandy could model it….She even got the HD Cap !!

03

Jamie trying to get Brandy’s new outfit on…

0405

And Brandy then prances around showing off !!

0607

I think Bennie was trying to offer words of encouragement to Brandy.

I finally got the bike out for the first time since I’ve been at this spot.  I was dreading it but managed to get out on the pavement without dropping the bike.  Folks,  That’s 3 1/2 (almost 6 kms) LONG miles of loose gravel road.  A road that’s barely fit for a farming tractor to drive on.  It was like riding on marbles !!  I ‘clutched it’ most of the way and by the time I reached the pavement you had to pry my hands off the grips.

BIG NEWS – JAMIE CAUGHT A FISH !!

While I was at Walmart Jamie caught a fish.  He asked me to zoom in so it would look bigger….

08

What ??  You can’t see it ??  How about now ??

08A

Yes Folks, he did throw it back in the water.  He wanted to save it to PROVE to me he actually caught something.  Everyone else around here is catching them like crazy – but poor Jamie is not having much luck.

Another AMAZING sunset last night…I think the best one yet…

0910

1112

Complete with a roaring fire…

1314

Note in the left pic below our little Jamie is nothing if not persistent – he’s still trying to catch something !!  And in the right pic (I think out of desperation !!) he is teasing poor little Brandy with the fish bait..

1516

WAIT – WAIT – WAIT – JAMIE CAUGHT A FISH !!

This looks serious….

1718

Looks like a keeper…….

19

I’m told it’s a catfish.  All I know are ‘trout’.  ‘Cause where I come from when you go fishing it’s called “goin’ troutin’’.

20

At this point in the evening, Bennie is OVER being outside and wants to get in under his quilt…. He goes into the garage and is peeking out the door saying (I’m sure) “C’mon MOM – enough with this foolishness – come inside !!”

21

AND THIS BRINGS US TO TODAY…

More amazing and peaceful scenery….

0105

I found those gutter extensions I’ve been looking for at Walmart

02

And pop them on..

0406

Bennie is always there front and centre to lend a helping hand…errr paw….

03

Jamie cleans his BIG catch from yesterday – I stay only long enough to take a pic.  Fish guts are not something high on my list of Things To See…..

07

WE HAVE VISITORS….

0809

And we end the night watching the sunset (through some clouds tonight – but look at the reflection in the water !!) and another fire……which BTW, I collected the twigs for all day !!

10

8 comments:

  1. Man those sunsets are spectacular---wow the colours, just beautiful---great to sit & watch.

    You are a good collector of rocks & twigs--nice fires you get going !!!!!!!

    You are a real pro at this RVing---friends from Canada finding you in the USA.

    Enjoy---still dull, cool & damp here in Vancouver.

    Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny where you had to circle the tiny fish in the photo. Glad a 'real' fish was caught too! I always enjoy your blog and photos. You're camped at a beautiful spot!
    --Jool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to send you a note to ask how paradise was. I got my answer. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great, great photos! Love the fire pit you made, and the campfires. Beautiful sunsets, but I know all about them - I see pretty much the same one, except not reflected in the water. Love that. The sunset colors here in AZ are gorgeous. Looks like a really nice place to be camped, that's for sure. What are your temps like during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I never tire of the Arizona sunsets. Daytime temps have been gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect end to a perfect day, a nice campfire and great sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! What a tough life huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete