Monday, November 21, 2011

SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA

Yup, Slowly but surely I’m getting there.  Knocked off another 151 miles but I’m getting tired – very tired.  Even though I’m going to bed early and sleeping well, the days of driving all day are catching up with me.

Today I was only 40 miles from my destination (for today) when I felt so tired I had to pull over.  I actually crawled right back into bed and slept for TWO solid hours….or went out like a “cold junk” as my Mother would say.

Woke up to cold and dense fog in Wally’s parking lot….

0102

 

This of course made driving conditions less than ideal…..

0304

 

Thankfully in about 40 minutes I had driven out of that and into this….

05

 

Gawd, I had forgotten how bad the Californi+a Highways are !!  I thought for sure that the cupboards were going to come down off the walls.  Even Bennie was NOT pleased with all the noise that was being made.  I read somewhere awhile ago that Schwarzenegger put California into bankruptcy.  Don’t know if this is true but the conditions of the Highways sure seem to say it is.

I might hang around here tomorrow.  I’ve made an appointment for 9:00AM for Bennie to get groomed and 10:00AM for my mop to get cut.  So we’ll see.

4 comments:

  1. It might be a good idea to hang there for a day or 2 and get some real rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be so glad when you finally get someplace so you can stay for a couple of weeks and take care of yourself. But at least the sunshine helps a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you can indeed just stay a day or two in one place and recharge your batteries. Solo long road trips can be tiring. Best to be rested for your adventure! Glad you're on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting done at the same place? Would save time.

    ReplyDelete