Saturday, November 5, 2011

A YEAR IN REVIEW

Well EXPENSE wise anyway….

Being a person with a past career in finance I keep track of everything !!  You should see the spreadsheets I have going.  LOL

There really are two major expenses in living the RV lifestyle and they are GAS and CAMPGROUND FEES.  Gas we don’t really have much control over unless we don’t want to move at all and that’s not what I’m doing this for – meaning to stay in one place all the time.  Seeing as this was my first year I feel this Expense was quite high.  However, I did travel from the farthest point on the Canadian East Coast to the farthest point on both the Canadian and U.S. West Coast and I did move around a lot.  This Expense was also escalated a bit by that extra trip back down South to get the new rig which I figured added about $1,500 to this total.

The GAS TOTAL came in at $ 7,933.92.

This seems very high but when I break it down it averages out to be $ 661.16 a Month or $ 21.74 a Day – so I guess that’s not too bad.  I doubt that I will be able to decrease that much in my second year as I plan on heading back East next Spring.

 

CAMPGROUND FEES came in at $ 3,736.35.

This was higher than I would have thought as I did Boon/Wally/Friend dock quite a bit.  Again though, it’s not too bad as that averaged out to be $ 311.36 per Month or $ 10.24 per Day.  I do plan to boondock a lot more this coming year.

1 comment:

  1. $10 a day for campground fees is pretty darn good in my opinion. I don't even want to think what we spent on fuel in a year.

    ReplyDelete