Monday, November 14, 2011

SLEPT UP SIDE DOWN

Due to a number of medical conditions, I have some level of pain daily but the last several days it has been extreme.

First morning I woke up to a very sharp pain in my left shoulder blade area going right through to the front.  The next morning this same pain now included the right shoulder blade area.  Even breathing was painful.  And the third morning the pain had gone up through the right side of my neck and right arm.  Not fun !!

These RV’s are not built for ‘Winter’ living and there are drafts everywhere.  If you look at an earlier post you will see the extreme measures I have gone through to stop some of these drafts.

I began to think that perhaps the pain was a result of getting a draft while I was sleeping.  The bedroom is a slide-out area and there are windows on each side of the bed.

So last night I decided to sleep upside-down !!  LOL  I put the pillows (and hence my head) at the foot of the bed to see if that would make a difference.

I can’t say for sure if that made any difference at all because late last night (before I went to bed) the pain subsided quite a bit.  It’s still there but very minor.  So it appears to have left as mysteriously as it came on.

Come on mail – arrive today and get me outta here !!

4 comments:

  1. Like my toothache. It was so horrible and then it just went away. Stupid old body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy, it sounds like you might have a problem with your neck. I had surgery (a snap) after 15 years of pain. Does one or both of your hands ever get cold?

    Of course, there are a lot of things they can do before you have to think of surgery--traction is one, muscle relaxers, etc.

    Jim and Sandie, last year I had a toothache. I went to the dentist and he said nothing is wrong--you probably just "bruised" your tooth. A couple of days and it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 1996 Winnie and I do not have those kinds of drafts. Of course mine is smaller than yours and not a toy hauler. I only use a small electric heater in mine. Maybe the older ones were more insulated.

    I hope your mail gets there soon to so you can get on the road to somewhere warmer.

    But glad the pain is going away it could be from the extreme cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hobo, No, hands do not get cold....

    Sandie, Just glad it's mostly gone !

    JOJO, Ya, I'm thinking it's because of the size and while I HATE carpet in a rig it does keep things warmer. Mine does not have carpet.

    ReplyDelete