Thursday, November 3, 2011

ONE YEAR TODAY !!!!

One year ago today, at 10:30AM, I pulled out of my Mother’s driveway.  I’ve sure travelled a lot of miles and have had my fair share of (mis) adventurers since.

Honestly, I didn’t think I’d make it as far as Clarenville !!  Or certainly not any farther than Ontario, Canada.  I had tried doing this during the Spring of 2009 and did get to Toronto, Ontario where I spent 6 lovely weeks.  Then something happened with my left shoulder/arm that caused me extreme pain and I had to head back home.  The reason for that extreme pain was never discovered despite numerous x-rays, MRI’s etc. etc.

So it was with a fair amount of trepidation that I set out again.  Thankfully, so far, the shoulder problem has stayed in check.  Yes, There have been many times where it has caused me some grief but nothing like the pain I experienced in 2009.

It’s been an eventful year for sure.  I started out with my 2008 Winnebago Access, towing a small cargo trailer for my motorcycle and today I have a Class A Toy Hauler.  The stress of towing and more so backing up is now but a distant memory.

By far, the best part of this lifestyle is the people you meet along the way.  RV’ers for sure are some of the nicest people you would want to meet.

Raise your glasses with me Folks to a “Here’s to another Year !”

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Bennie Boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a milestone to celebrate! Congratulations and wishing you many more years of travel, fun and great people. I can't wait to be able to say the same!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good luck with the shoulder. I had frozen shoulder a few years back so I hear ya on the pain. Keep an eye on that.

    Congrats on your first year!! Looking forward to more posts in the coming years. Travel safe! Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Anniversary to you and Benny, hopefully you have many more years and miles ahead of ya on the road!!
    Drive & ride safe and good luck to the next 365 days....it'll be gone before ya know it!!
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Go Girl!!! Happy 1st Anniversary. We had a good friend of ours tell us recently that full-timing takes GUTS. I guess it does take guts for women to take the plunge and explore alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, one year. I'm not there yet, but look forward to it. Congratulations - it goes fast, doesn't it? Here's to another great year on the road! :)

    ReplyDelete