Saturday, November 19, 2011

LODI, CALIFORNIA

Knocked off another 200+ miles today – getting closer to WARMTH !!  I was pretty tired as I expected to be.  Woke up at 6:00AM only because I went to bed so early.  Just puttered around and caught up on Internet stuff for hours this morning and didn’t get on the road until 10:00AM.  It was so good not to feel rushed.

The following describes the driving conditions today and is the sum today of all the pics I took today.

0102

I like driving the I-5.  Most RV’ers do not like the major Interstates but rather the slower more scenic routes.  I like the I-5 because I just get in my lane, set the cruise control and relax.  Plus you can really make good time when you are running away from the cold like I am.

Only 557 miles to go if I decide to stop in Lake Havasu City -  or 597 miles to go if I decide to go straight to Quartzsite – or 760 if I decide to go straight to Apache Junction.  AJ is certainly a draw for me because I already know a few people that are there.  I just can’t seem to make up my mind. 

It got a bit tanglie getting through Sacramento today and I made a wrong turn for the first time on this trip.  I was supposed to take 80W and somehow ended up on 80E.  Thankfully I didn’t go too far out of my way before I took an Exit and got back on track.

I saw my first Palm Tree today !!

Temps were in the low 60’s !!

I even opened the blinds today for the first time since I had to cover up all the windows with quilts !!

And that Folks is my entire Blog for tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Just don't get "stuck in Lodi again". Keep truckin' on south and into the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We havent met yet, but it would be great to meet. If you end up in Lake Havasu, we may be able to! From Vegas we may go to Palm Springs first, but we will then be in Lake Havasu for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am breathing a huuuuge sigh of relief with you!

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting closer to the warmth. I sure am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you made it safely to warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright's, That would be great. Let me know when you are there.

    Cyn, Nobody is breathing a bigger sigh of relief than me !!

    ReplyDelete