Saturday, October 15, 2011

POKER RUN

Yup, Going on a Poker Run tomorrow.  Took a scoot into Penticton today (nearest Wally’s) to stock up on some things.  As I was packing my things in the saddlebags a fellow (female) rider approached me.  We got chatting and she showed me her bike – which is an awesome Honda Trike Conversion.  Really nicely done.

Anyway she told me about the group she belongs to Okanagan Motorcycle Riders Association and also told me about a Poker Run they are doing tomorrow and invited me along.

They will be leaving Penticton (about an hour from where I am located) at 10:00AM – meaning I would have to be on the road by 9:00AM at the latest – and seeing that it is FREEZING at that ungawdly hour – and I do mean a forecasted temperature of ZERO – well there is a slim to NIL chance that I will be doing that !!!  But the day promises to warm up later in the day to a nice, sunny 17C/63F – still heated gear temps for this WOOSE !!

She e-mailed me their route and I will be able to meet up with them at the last leg of the run as they will be going through Osoyoos.  So I figured out the timing fairly well and have decided to meet up with them about an hour or so out of here for lunch.  And then I will be able to ride back here with the group.

Looking forward to it as I haven’t been on a ‘group’ run now since I left home.  Will definitely have pics to post.

8 comments:

  1. D....enjoy the ride....weather here in Muskoka is rainy, cool and windy....hard to take after last week end which was in the mid 20's and sunny

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. It's definitely not too cool down here. Almost too hot to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think we complain when the temp drops below 50, have a great ride

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! You are wise to skip the freezing and go straight for the lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Denis, the anonymous worked today. I will sign with LMJ so you know who it is. nice to see you getting off your butt and riding. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. YO back!! LOL When you guys coming to Osoyoos to visit me ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. not gonna happen sweetie. busy crafting. LMJ

    ReplyDelete