Friday, October 14, 2011

GOTTA STAY IN CANADA

……well at least until the end of the year.  Turns out I spent more time in the U.S. in 2011 that I thought and have only 5 days left for this calendar year.

Here I was planning my trip to warmer climates thinking this time I would take about 2 months to get to Arizona (via States I had not been to)……………NOT !

I’ve known this for awhile now and was NOT happy.  Of course before I accepted such awful news I researched the Internet endlessly to find a loop hole.  Didn’t happen.  And I’m not about to screw around with the U.S. Border !!

Then I had to figure out where I was going to make ‘home’ for three months.  The choices were to stay around the Vancouver and surrounding areas where I knew some people BUT where it rains every single day at this time of year.  OR to head to Osoyoos where at least there was not so much rain – but I didn’t know a soul.  Much investigation and research went into this decision as I (with a LOT of help from my Administrative Assistant !) looked at the various RV Parks and historical weather data.

I spent September hanging around Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Port Coquitlam and areas while pondering this decision.  I wavered a couple of times but ultimately decided to head to Osoyoos.  It is a border town so I won’t have to go far when I can leave here.

“Situated in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains to the west and protected from the worst of winter storms by the Columbia Mountains to the east, this is Canada's only true desert area. The water is reported to be the warmest in Canada making it excellent for swimming, boating and fishing.”

“Osoyoos is a unique, vibrant, growing community located in the heart of Desert Wine Country. Our semi-arid climate produces very hot, dry days in the summer and very mild days in the winter. Osoyoos Lake is the warmest fresh water lake in Canada and provides for great summer time activities. We boast having a very long golf season that can be experienced on one of two golf courses located in Osoyoos. With Mount Baldy ski hill just a 45 minute drive, you could ski in the morning – golf in the afternoon!! A very unique experience! “

 

Here’s a few pics of Osoyoos that I got off the web….

0102

0304

At this point I have two weeks down – only 10 more weeks to go !!  I do love this little Town.  It is so pretty and scenic but EXPENSIVE !!  I got a great monthly rate at this RV Park so I’m very happy about that, however, everything else is outrageously high in price.

I dare say I’ll be very unhappy as it gets colder and colder !!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again. We are in AZ and it's still hot here. Looking forward to meeting up again when you finally get here. You really need to plan this whole six month in/out thing better. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I will for sure next year. Foolish rules !! Are you at your spot in AJ already ??

    ReplyDelete