Sunday, August 7, 2011

MORE ABOUT THE WINCH

Yes, I’ve gotten behind on my posts again !!  I’ve been relaxing, puttering, meeting old friends, doing a little riding and still trying to find and organize things in the new (to me) rig.  So I have several posts to do now.

The winch set-up is working perfectly, albeit quite noisy !  You wouldn’t think such a little motor would produce such noise but it does.  What I needed to do was to get longer wires that go from the winch to the DC/AC converter thingie.  A simple task right ?  Ya well nothing is simple in my world !!  LOL

This little job took me three days !!  I started by simply removing the wires from the converter thingie = easy peasy.  Then I removed the wires from the handle that operates it = easy peasy.  Soon afterwards I realized the converter thingie told me where the red wire went and where the black wire went -

01

BUT the hand held thingie that operates it did not !  And I already had the wires off so I didn’t know where the red wire was supposed to go or the black wire.  Oh Me Nerves !!!  Marilyn’s husband George came to rescue and figured it out and then I labelled it so I wouldn’t forget.  Off to Bellingham I go to get more wire.  They didn’t have the exact kind and that turned out to be a problem later as it made it near impossible to put the handle back together.  That evening I go to put everything back together and see that a red wire (see far left in the pic below) that I didn’t need to remove had come apart from the crimped yellow thingie.

02

Now this simple job is delayed for yet another day.  Had to go to the local hardware store to get another one of those yellow thingies because once it’s crimped well the wires simply won’t go back in.  They didn’t have the right size and because I didn’t bring the screw or yellow handle we couldn’t tell if another size would work.  Back to the RV Park I go where I had to take the red wire completely off the winch and then I brought everything back to the hardware store where they fixed me up with what I needed.  At this point pretty much everything is now taken apart.  So much for a simple little job.

03

04

05

01

Now I want to lay the converter box thingie on the floor and then secure it to the wall and guess what !!??  The power cord is too short !!!  So I had to support it first and then get it screwed to the wall (off the floor).

02

FINALLY the job is done and there are no wires or handles or converter box hanging around all over the place.

03

Yup, Everything nice and tidy now.

04

1 comment:

  1. Looks good D.......great to meet up with friends you haven't seen in a long time.
    All the best

    Bob

    ReplyDelete