Friday, July 29, 2011

VIDEOS OF TAKING ON THE RAMP

Finally got the videos the guy took the day I decided to overcome the ramp fear.  And FEAR it was.  The guy that was helping me did two test runs and we talked at length about ‘strategy’.  Videos are a little shaky at first as the guy was just learning how to use his camera.

 

It was suggested to me by someone else to put the bike in gear in order to slow it down so we talked about that.  NO was the decision on that.

Now we are discussing the use of the boards to support me riding the bike up on the ramp.  NO was the decision on that as well !

And now the unnamed Harley guy is gonna do the first test run….

 

And FINALLY I’m gonna give it a try !!  My heart was POUNDING !!  But I did it.  It was a bit shaky.  The second try was much better and now I’m able to put it in the garage and take it out – still very cautiously though.  The quality on this video is bad because I had to reduce the file size so much.

 I’ve done it numerous times now and it hasn’t skidded until today ?  That gave me a fright but I didn’t drop it ! Don’t know why it would skid today ??

6 comments:

  1. I still can't believe how well you can handle that bike up and down that ramp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy, my Hero-ette, was it wet from dew or rain? Please, please be careful when there's wetness on that ramp! The consensus on our ramp door is to get a spray/roll on liner product and put it where your feet will be all up the ramp. That way if you start to lose footing, your feet have something to 'grab' onto. Otherwise, the ramp is awesome, no problems. Hope to see ya on the road soon...we're fifteen days out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just start off about 4 or 5 feet from the ramp and keep er rolling til she's inside!!
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Says my dear friend who is 6'4" and built like a frikkin' brick !! Easy peasy for him ! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMFAO at Sassy!! It's got nothin to do with height(6'5") if it be told. By now you probably have the ramp mastered, good luck and just be careful....ride safe!!
    HB

    ReplyDelete