Saturday, July 2, 2011

THE SAGA–PART 5

I get myself settled in at I & M RV Park in Abbotsford and the next day called the Sales Person at the Langley Dealer to make an appointment to go see the rig.  As I said, it is a 2010 Model that has been sitting on their lot for almost 2 years yet they didn’t seem to have much interest in lowering the price much.  I have found that the U.S. Market is far better to deal with when talking numbers than the Canadian Market.  Perhaps they are hungrier ??

This Coach is a beauty no doubt about it but way above my price range.  Even with all the ‘creative accounting’ I could muster up there was no way I could manage it.  I kept surfing the web and found many others everywhere from Ontario, Canada to Calgary, Canada and Florida to Arizona.

I did quite a bit of research on this particular Coach and Newmar got a solid 4 Stars on my RV Consumer Group CD.  The quality of workmanship and re-sale values were quite high.  I also then went on the various RV Websites and everyone spoke very highly of the Newmar product.

I had made a list of all that were available, but this particular one just had my wee heart a thumpin’.  I hate those booth dinettes and that one didn’t have it but instead a table and chairs.  Plus the cabinetry was gorgeous.  I talked with so many sales people and was looking around for weeks.

Then I decided to do one last google search for this Coach and found…………

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I have had apartments that were neither that big nor that gorgeous. You only live once ... If you can make the bottom line of that creative accounting budget look even remotely plausible, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous motor home. How many more parts do we have to go? I always like to skip to the back of the book and read it before I finish the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cook ! Great to hear from you and know that you are still following along. Ya, I also have had apartments smaller !! LOL

    Sandie, Shame on you ! How can you cheat and read the end of the book first. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last part - that is if I don't melt from the heat. Oh and guess what !!! I have no power in my rig !! Generator works fine but no power meaning no A/C !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D......a beautiful coach .... its on the lot because its GAS.....at 6 miles to the gallon and 5.00 per gallon 2400 miles to Phoenix from Ontario. Let me see 400 gallons....$2000.00...ouch. I figure you are getting at least 10 with your current unit or 240 gallons to Phoenix....$ 1200.00. If you have your heart set on a Toy Hauler....try to get a Diesel....better fuel and more power.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. You only go around once. Crunch all the numbers, watch out for fuel prices and insurance cost. If possible, go for it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, I think I'd like you ... I ALWAYS skip to the back of the book before I finish the story! And Denise, yes, of course I'm still following along ... are you going to be in Nfld in September?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can get the better deal south of the border because they are manufactured there and to get them here....let's just call it a whole bunch of import taxes and all kinds of othere= taxws and then there's more taxes on top of those taxes, get it!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  8. DDDDDD......where is SAGA PART 6.....some of us are waiting..........
    Bob

    ReplyDelete