Friday, July 1, 2011

THE SAGA–PART 3

On my way into the Winnebago Dealer to pick up the bathroom sink  (that I didn’t end up getting) I got distracted by a ramp that looked very similar to the one in this pic:

 

4667425_6

As someone who is towing her motorcycle on this little journey – well, ramps interest me – so I decided to have a closer look.  Yup, Great set-up to put a motorcycle in.  Assuming it was a 5th Wheel or Travel Trailer, I started to mosey on.  Much to my surprise this rig was a ‘motorized toy hauler’.  Didn’t even know they existed !!  NOW I’m VERY intrigued.  The layout and colour scheme are like the ones in these pics.

I was quite impressed and now couldn’t wait to get to L & L RV Park to tell the L’s about it.  The next day the three of us hopped on our bikes and went over to look at it.  I was IN LOVE !!  And yes, it was love at first sight.  I started jiggling the numbers in my head (and that’s a lot of jiggling !) to see how I could make this work.  I  talked to the Salesman about trade-in value on my Coach etc. etc.  Naturally, I also did my homework, like when I bought the Access, and checked my RV CONSUMER GROUP CD.  Uh Oh – not good.  This rig only got any overall rating of 2 1/2 stars (out of 5) with ‘resale value’ being poor and ‘quality of workmanship’ also being poor.  Then I went to the RV Websites where there are threads by Manufacturer – same thing !  One problem after the next after the next.  Crap !

But I was “in love” and we all know there is no such thing as rational thinking when one is in love !!  Even after we finished looking at it and were putting the ramp door up it literally fell apart.  I kid you not !!  The framing around the door started to come away from the ramp and next thing the whole works was off.  No closing the door for sure.

But I was “in love” !!  And the Salesman assured me that he would have that fixed !!

4 comments:

  1. Ah - the eternal struggle. Head and heart. A conflict resulting in great dramatic tension.

    Well ..... ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.....I hope you walked away....the gas bill alone would be a killer from what you are running...

    ReplyDelete