Wednesday, July 6, 2011

RIDE REPORT

I won’t lie to you = I was a WRECK  !  I got on the road on the first day just after 10:00AM and noticed immediately that this rig is HUGE.  My shoulders were wrapped up around my ears - my heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to come out of my chest – I was holding my breath – and my butt cheeks were even clenched !!!  Of course the fact that I had been up since 6:15AM AND I hadn’t eaten didn’t help matters.

My speed did not go over 50 MPH and at times it was 40 MPH.  I missed my very first exit and had to get myself turned around !!  These are California Highways we are talking about Folks !!  I think I may have gotten ‘da scatter finger pointed at me in an obscene manner from other drivers and I know definitely I got a fist pointed in my direction from an 18 wheelie !!!

Speaking of California Highways, and really all Highways for that matter, have you noticed how NARROW the lanes are ??  I mean they are fine for itty bitty cars but far too narrow for anything bigger !!  I definitely have to start writing the various State and Provincial Governments to get the work started to widen each and every single lane on each and every single Highway.  This rig is WIDE !!

Before I proceed any further I have to make an (overdue) apology to all those ‘older’ RV drivers.  You see, when I was a wee young lass driving around the Highways of British Columbia those ‘older’ RV drivers really annoyed me – truth be told they PISSED ME OFF royally !  Clearly they didn’t realize that I had important places to be and they were slowing me down.  Oh dread when you got stuck behind one of them.  Ah, Isn’t it funny how life goes full circle !!  LOL  So to all you ‘older’ RV drivers from the 70’s – your promised PAY BACK to that saucy young lass has been delivered !!

By the second day I was feeling a little better and think my speed even got up to 55MPH!  And several days later, I’m now far more comfortable driving this rig.  It really handles well once I got used to the various differences between driving a Class A and a Class C.  AND there even have been times ( on a very long – very straight – and very smooth piece of pavement !! LOL) that I’ve even gotten ‘er up to 60 MPH !! GASP

This rig has so many gidgets and gadgets and thingies I wonder if I will ever figure them all out.  The bloody seat alone has a button to bring it forward or backward; another button to recline it forward or backward; and another button to make it go higher or lower !!  And those are only the buttons I’ve played with.  It still has others that I haven’t dared to touch !!  What I do like a lot about it is that the two front seats swivel around to really open up the living space.  The Class C’s don’t have that and they should.

BTW, With all the excitement going on I’ve forgotten to tell you her name.  It’s MS. STAR – the BIG – the BOLD – the BEAUTIFUL – MS. STAR.  Well that is unless someone can come up with a better name.  I’m open to suggestions.

Enough rambling for today.  More ride report and ‘incidents’ to report later…………..

11 comments:

  1. 60 - that's great. We very, very seldom go over 60 even on the interstate. No reason to. We're not in a hurry to get anywhere. And the fuel mileage is better. Now remember - I don't drive the motorhome. Tried it once, hated it. I've already forgotten how long Ms. Star is. How exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D....happy to hear you are OK with driving Ms..Star.
    Keep us posted.....does it have a rear view camera?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, I kinda like Ms Enterprise. "To Boldly go where no one has gone before" But, hey, she's your baby, even if she's a BIG baby. Drive carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally awestruck!

    The Hulk

    Amazonia

    Jumbo

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, let 'em pout and shake their fists while you get used to the big rig. Before long you'll be giving them the finger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should call her Ms. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, Are you really heading to Ohio ??? When ??

    Now Mrs. Tang - there are far too many 'Bettys' floating around already !! LOL

    Actually, I'm loving Cyn's suggestion - 'DA HULK !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say "The Mammoth Canyon"!! By the way,will you stop worrying about anyone else on the road and those petty little class C Winnebagos...you got The Mammoth Canyon now!! LOL!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your new avatar, the Harley parked in front of the Big Canyon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is without a doubt a beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete