Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MEETING OLD FRIENDS

I've spent the last days getting together with old friends.  Met Lynn and Tyner for a mega deeee-lish brunch at White Spot on Sunday.  They drove from Vancouver out here to Abbotsford so they could see my rig and of course the STARS of my Blog – Bennie and my Harley.  Dropped into this great place for Ice Cream afterwards.

01

And got someone there to take a pic of the three of us.  I haven't asked permission to post their pics on my Blog so I blocked out their faces.  LOL  I wanted to insert a Smiley Face instead but I don't know how to do that.

02A

03A

04A

Yesterday I borrowed the car of my Hosts here at "I & M RV Park" and drove into Surrey to visit another old friend.  It took me 2 hours to find her place as I got horrifically lost !  No surprise there huh.  Afterwards I drove into downtown Vancouver to have a look around at my old stompin' grounds.  I have to tell you Vancouver is one beautiful City – breathtaking with its surrounding mountains – and English Bay was full of colour with Tulips.  I'll get pics the next time.  Got lost (again) getting back home.

Today I took a run into the Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam area because I was LIED to.  Yes Folks, Hard to believe I know but that old friend of mine who found me on Facebook awhile back told me there was a Harley Davidson dealership there so we arranged to meet.  We were also going to finally go to White Sport where I could get their legendary hamburger that I remembered so well.  So despite a sky that didn't look promising and the very good possibility of rain, I got on the bike very excited to put myself out of my withdrawals as I hadn't been to a Harley dealer in MONTHS !!!

I fought insane traffic on the #1 Highway (pffft….these people haven't driven on Highway 401 or the Don Valley in Toronto !!), feared getting lost yet again, but with great determination I found the place where the dealership WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.  It had closed THREE YEARS prior !!  I was lured there under false pretenses !! I tried to make the best of it and made that saucy Mrs. Tang pick up the bill !  Serves her right !  Me Nerves !  She was such a nice, quiet young lady back in 'da day when we worked together.

Naturally everyone has to get their pic taken on the Harley, but I don't think there is any hope that she will be a biker.  For the first pic she sat on the bike like a MOPE.  I had to tell her to at least pretend and put her hands on the handlebars….

01

Then for the next shot I had to tell her to put her feet on the footboards !  She was afraid the bike would fall over if she put her foot up……..like her teenie little foot on that teenie little body was going to hold the bike up !!  AND like I was going to tell her to do anything that would hurt my bike !  I told you – there's really no hope for this one !!

02

Then we went back to her house so I could see her adorable hubby (Norm) and meet one of her adult kids.  Her son is older than Betty was when we first met.  So again another photo op with Norm on the bike.  Now HE knows how to at least sit on a bike.  And he loved it.  He wants one !!  Of course I told him that he must only buy a Harley.

03

See how relaxed he is.  A natural I'd say !! He had to actually get it out of the driveway for me when I was leaving.

04

In this pic I'm certain he is pondering how he can get one…..I do believe we have a new Harley owner in the making.

05

Got back on the Highway to head home and I actually DID NOT get lost.  Perhaps there is hope for me afterall ??

4 comments:

  1. Good post Denise. Some people (a lot really) are just scared of motorcycles.(and bikers). I don't think that's such a bad thing. You and I know the truth. Bikers are some of the friendliest and helpful people I have ever met. So, if the 'squares' are a little afraid, so be it.
    ps...watch out for those cages on those busy roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up. I get lost often but I think you have you beat in that department. And you know how much we like biker people. One of the joys of going back to old stomping grounds is to meet up with friends. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering if you are staying home for dinner tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, The 'bikers' I know are just old fogies like me and pussy cats. LOL Yesterday, while on the Highway, I saw the cars in the lane next to me brake suddenly and this IDIOT came right over into my lane right beside me. It was touch and go there for a second and I sure got a fright !!

    Sandie, I do manage to get lost quite easily don't I !!

    "I" of "I & M RV Park" - where 'da f*ck do you think I'm going to go today with all this frikkin' rain !! grrrr BTW, What's on the menu tonight ??

    ReplyDelete