Saturday, April 2, 2011

MY INSPIRATION PICTURE




In 1984 or 1985 I drove down to Bakersfield, CA (I was living in Vancouver, British Columbia at the time) to visit my friends Lesley and Michael. I had my "Get-Away Van" at the time. I had that Van for 13 years.

0412



Driving back along the Coast we saw (as far as the eye could see) Coast line and every type of RV parked there. I remember it as if it was yesterday. I pulled over to the side of the road and climbed up the ladder on the back of my van to take this picture.


13


I want to find this place again. Lisa told me it was Pismo Beach ??? I'm thinking it was not as Pismo Beach is further South than Bakersfield and we likely would have gone North on the I-5 and picked up the Coast further North ?

Anybody have any idea where this is ?? I doubt that "today' though you can just pull in anywhere along the Coast and camp like that for free.

6 comments:

  1. Go west then make a right at the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just not that familiar with coast to be of any help. I know it's along the old 101 but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you lived in Vancouver BC??..where??...small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi D.....my guess is that you where on # 1 hwy either between Morro Bay and Monterey Bay ( Santa Cruz ) OR # 1 near Fort Brag which is N of San Francisco.......to get to Morro Bay you would take # 58 from Bakersfield to 101 and s for a bit to pick up #1

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely Rincon Parkway in Ventura. Just south of Santa Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Michael Ultra's suggestion the best !! LOL

    Sue, I lived in the Vancouver area (West End; Kits; Burnaby) from about the mid 70's to the late 80's

    Robin, I was positive we didn't go that far South ??

    ReplyDelete