Thursday, April 21, 2011

MY HERO TO THE RESCUE AGAIN

WARNING – THIS POST HAS ONLY BIKER RELATED CONTENT AND  THE PICTURES POSTED MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE  – THAT IS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE NUTS AND BOLTS AND CHROME !! hehehe

My "major purchase" didn't happen so off I went to drown my sorrows.  And what better way to drown my sorrows in but CHROME, so off I went to the local Harley Davidson Dealership yesterday.  Us biker people do enjoy our chrome.  Since getting the front forks and the switch housing chromed a few months ago all the little nuts and bolts look really bad.  I decided they needed to be chromed out now.  But there's like a gazillion of them so this will be a process that's going to take awhile = COST !!  I bought chrome bolts for the Master Cylinder Cover; the Switch Housing; the Handlebar Clamp and a few others.  Now my 'non-biker' followers are falling asleep by now but suffice is to say it makes me very happy seeing all that shine.

It's one thing to get all this wonderful stuff but then it's another thing to put them on.  You gotta have the right tools and of course I do not.  If you've been following along over the last months you will recall it took a woman to fix my generator.  Well this same woman just happens to be my Host at L & L RV Park and has every tool known to man, woman or child !!  You should see the garage !!  Today 'we' tackled it and 'we' were at it all afternoon.  I tried to be a very good 'helper' and only got yelled at twice for not being ready with something or other.

Now this ugly old bolt….

01

Looks like this….

02

And the ugly little bolts underneath that bolt….

01 - Copy - Copy

Now look like this…….

04

Very serious work going on here and this was one of the times I got in SHIT !!  One of my 'jobs' was to have everything out of the package and ready to be installed….

05

None of these bolts were easy to get off as I swear they had them glued on.  But particularly the Master Cylinder Cover and more tools had to come out…..

06

07

Lisa's strength was no match for some of these tools !!  Three bits were cracked off and she said that at this rate we might have to go get more new ones.

08

Bennie, as always, was right in the thick of things helping…..

09

See the difference – the left one is chrome and the right one isn't ….

10

Bennie had to take a break from all his Supervising – poor little guy was exhausted !! He wanted to soak up some of this gorgeous California sunshine !!

11

But there was no taking breaks for this gal.  To switch out this particular bolt we had to take the footboard off….

12

There were only two that 'we' (hey ! I was helping !!) simply couldn't get off.  But now that the others are on and gorgeous and shiny – it makes the other 5,000 left to do more noticeable.  It's an addiction I tell ya !!!  LOL

6 comments:

  1. You are just too funny. Need to call you Chrome Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find this post boring or offensive...at all. In fact, it is very refreshing. What's not to like? I know that chrome won't get you home, but I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby is in the process of doing the same for his trike. Me...I need lots more chrome before I worry about bolts...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yer right Sassy, it is addictive(I have to start all over again)hope your friend has a torque wrench on those nuts when tightening!! All that chrome is gettin nicer by the bolt...looks GREAT!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrome and shiny bits - what more can one ask for?

    ReplyDelete