Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FROM THE ATLANTIC TO THE PACIFIC

While at that awful 'RV Park' in Santa Maria, CA I took the opportunity on a gorgeous day to take a little run to Pismo Beach.  I stayed off the 101 and took the 166 instead.  Nice little ride.  I visited Pismo Beach, Avila Beach and one other that I cannot recall the name of.  It is beautiful in this area, however, I would not be able to Camp there due to the outrageous prices.  I saw several RV's parked in spaces just off the road and even that was $30.00 a night for simply dry camping and you are very close (and I mean VERY) to the road so it certainly would not be quiet. And to think that not long ago I was complaining about having to pay $5.00 a night for dry camping  !!

I took several pictures so if you want to see them all you can CLICK HERE

Bennie and I stopped here for lunch and Bennie met a new friend.  Look how teenie he looks next to this big guy !!

0613

0912

1720

In this next video, I was trying to capture the view, the palm trees; the flowers – while riding the bike with one hand….

2 comments:

  1. Hi D.....great pics.....I should have been more adventuress...oh well there is this coming fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my old stomping grounds. I'm envious that I'm not there, too. I know there are two State camp grounds in Oceana. Tried to look it up for you, but couldn't find any prices. I did find a $2 discount for 62 and older. Isn't it just beautiful there? I remember riding my horse through the eucalyptus forest. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete