Thursday, April 21, 2011

FACEBOOK

I don't like Facebook.  Yes, I do have a 'profile' on there however I rarely use it.  Perhaps once every few weeks I might sign in to see if my niece has posted pics of the kids but that's about it.  I really don't understand what all the hoop laaa is about !!  And the stuff people go on about there is ….. well boring.  Some people live on there !!!  If I want to talk to my 'friends' I will call them or e-mail them directly – NOT contact them via Facebook.

It was just the other day I was on Facebook doing my monthly check in when I thought about deleting my account.  I rarely use it so why have it ?  WELL, the very next day I was contacted by an old friend that I haven't seen in years………..about 30 years to be exact !!  Now some 'old friends' you really don't want to hear from !!  LOL  But this time I was thrilled that she tracked me down.  I received a message asking if I was the same blah blah blah that she knew in the 70's & 80's when we worked together at blah blah blah.

I responded immediately !  I had never forgotten about her.  I remember being at her wedding.  I still have those pics.  She is still living (with her family) in the Vancouver area – where I'm going to be within the next month.  I can't wait to see her kids and talk about the 'old days'.  We re-connected on her 50th Birthday the other day and as she said (and I couldn't agree more) "It truly was a gift to have re-connected with you."

I've gave her this Blog address and she has gone back to Day 1 of this little adventure of mine and is catching up to current date.  So welcome my old Friend Betty Tang !  So glad to have you along for the ride.

p.s Perhaps I shouldn't delete my Facebook account I suppose.

5 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this one. I do not like FB but I too have a profile that never gets used. I get on FB every other day so I can check in on what the kids are doing. That's really about all I use it for. But how fun that your friend tracked you down. That is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I have never forgotten you either. Life got busy and sadly we lost track of each other. I can't describe the elation I felt when I got your message that yes you are "that" Denise. I got married 26 years ago so it has been close to 30 years. I am absolutely loving living vicariously through you via the blog. I just happen to see the post titled "Facebook" when I knew it had to be about our reconnection. I don't love facebook but it has helped me find a few old friends and you are definitely one of my best finds on facebook. I am so looking forward to seeing you when you get to B.C. Drive safe and I'll see you and Bennie soon

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We find FB is a great way to get a snapshot of everyone's day. I've gotten in touch with cousins that I haven't seen since they were in elementary school, found old school chums, old co-workers and more. 99% of our family from siblings to kids to grandkids to nieces/nephews to cousins are on there.

    That said, there are as many FB haters as lover. LOL! Good thing we have choices...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of those people who doesn't have a Facebook account. For some reason, the horror stories stick in my mind more than the successful ones. Probably because I hear more horror than success.

    ReplyDelete