Monday, April 25, 2011

THE COAST IT IS

With all the nagging I've gotten from you guys I decided to pop on over to the Coast.  Now I hope I won't regret it otherwise you folks are in BIG trouble !!

Last night I didn't sleep very well and woke up at 5:30AM – yes, you read right AM – as in ABSOLUTE MADNESS.  Not a fit hour for anyone to be outta bed.  Yes, I do recall that this ungodly AM hour does indeed exist, however, it was when I was a young lass and just getting home for the night !!!  LOL

I was on the road by 7:00AM – hopefully never to happen again – and of course got tired in no time.  So I pulled in somewhere at sometime and crawled right back into bed.  The drive didn't start off very good as it was quite windy…..and then proceeded to get worse when it started to RAIN….no surprise there huh.

01

RAINING ALONG THE I-5

I took the I-5 North from Medford/Eagle Point, OR and cut off just past Myrtle Creek, OR to take the 42W to the Coast.  Guess what ?  Yup, Still raining making for horrible driving conditions !!

And YES, several hours later - still raining but once off the I-5 onto the 42W this is one wicked route to take on a motorcycle.  Great twists in the road but none of those awful 90 degree hair pin turns.  Yes, more footage of just wipers and rain !!

I had checked the numerous State Parks along the Coast, and there are many, and had decided to pull into one of those.  Never thought to check if they had pull-thru sites – they don't !!

Tonight I'm residing in a County Park in Winchester Bay, Or where they DO NOT have pull-thru sites either, however, are not busy so I managed to get myself into a back-in site.  Now I don't mean to brag or anything (yes I do !!) but check out this sweet back-in job I did even with the little pup attached !!

04

05

OK, FINE !! Jeeze, you people are such nags !!  See that picnic table there in the middle of a site parking spot – and all that grass space…

06

OK, So the picnic table is supposed to be on the grass (next to my rig) and I had to move it so I could do a wide swing 'into' my spot instead of having to back in…

07

BUT I still had to go ahead and back up (like a gazillion times !) in order to get into my spot properly.  I really am doing much better with this backing up stuff.

This is the view from my living room ..

0203

These pics were taken about 3 1/2 seconds before the skies opened and it poured !  I think I'm gonna hang here for a couple of days…we'll see.

8 comments:

  1. I am so envious. We haven't had any rain here since last October. I sure would like to smell me some of that coast rain. Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will find the coast views well worth the rain. But I do hope it lets up enough for you to enjoy it a little bit. Beautiful park you're in. And not too many neighbors which is a good thing. Don't drown now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video's. After 14 yrs in the Arizona desert I think I forgot what rain is...LOL! Enjoy the coast! Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am enjoying your blog. The coast views must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It rained here too, but alas it is sunny again. It should be sunny and mid 70's all week. Are you sure you don't want to turn around? Protocol is losing her stalking skills without Bennie around.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael, I am following your Blog closely and can't wait until you get your house sold and are also on the road. You will love it !!

    Sandie, You better not make me regret this decision or else I'll be really mean to you next year at Quartzsite !! LOL

    Jammin, I don't mind the rain but COLD & RAIN ain't so much fun. I got spoiled in Arizona.

    Gypsy, So glad to know you are enjoying my Blog.

    Lisa, Mid 70's !!! Get that gate open - I'm comin' back ! It's FREEZING here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you smell the saltwater? Is it like home?

    ReplyDelete