Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WHAT A RACKET !!!!!

My mail arrived at the RV Park in Bisbee and I decided to hit the road.  Well actually I was going to do it in a few days.  But yesterday when I was having my afternoon siesta (something which is really necessary for me due to one of my many health conditions) the SEVEN dogs started at it again.  And of course the Owner also started at it with her screaming at them.  I said THAT’S IT, I’M OUTTA HERE !  I’ll take the loss of paying the month’s rent.  I’ll be trying to find as many ‘free’ places to stay over the next weeks to offset that expense.  Don’t quite know what the rave is about this Park (other than the Camp Host is fabulous) as it really is nothing more than a gravel pit and it certainly isn’t inexpensive by any means.

0203

So this morning (well it was Noon really) I got on the road heading toward Casa Grande where I am now spending the night.  BTW, It’s 8:15PM and it’s still 73F/23C – gonna be a warm night.  And tomorrow’s high for this area is 92F/33C so I dare say I’ll be outta here right quick looking for cooler temps.  I can’t even believe that I’m saying that in the frikkin’ middle of frikkin’ MARCH !!

I’m at a 24 hour truck stop and it sure isn’t quiet by any means.  The 18 wheelies are pulling in and out of here non-stop.  And I dare say it will be like this all night.  BUT it’s still better than those dogs howling.  There’s just something about dogs barking constantly that just drives me nuts.  I wanted to pull in at Walmart, however, they do not allow RV overnight parking – not their rule, it’s a city rule.  You know in all the Walmarts I’ve stayed at (from Eastern Canada to here), this is only the second place where overnight was not allowed.  The first place was in St. Augustine, Florida.

Now the BIG questions is where am I going to head tomorrow ??  At this point I have no idea.  My original plan was to head to Lake Havasu City.  Paul and I took a ride there in January SEE HERE while staying in Quartzsite.  I immediately put it on my “places to go back to” list as it is gorgeous there. But last night I checked the temperature there and they are in the high 80’s to low 90’s.  Jeeze, I’d melt in those temps !! So re-thinking that now.

Oh, Oh, Oh,  I’m using my DC adaptor thingie DC ADAPTOR THINGIE for the first time.  I’m a bit nervous (note to self: check your fire extinguisher).  I remember reading somewhere ?? about the volts or amps or watts ??  must be no lower than ??  My little inverter is saying 12.1 – wonder what that means ?? As soon as the puter is fully charged I’m unplugging it. Gawd help me – when will I actually know what I am doing ??  Surprised smileEmbarrassed smile

Now I must go googling to see where ‘home’ is going to be tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. We all learn as we go!!

    Travel Safe
    Dawn and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH! that sucks!

    Here's an idea, at $10.00 a night, $5.00 if you have a pass:

    Boulder Beach Campground, Lake Mead

    Plenty of riding to be done from, there. and I'm not too far away, either!

    Cyndi and Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northern AZ is going to be cooler than we are because it is higher up. But I think they are getting some wind and a storm in the next couple of days. Check out Sedona. Beautiful up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie, Ya I've heard numerous times how gorgeous Sedona is. I think that might now have to wait until the Fall though.

    ReplyDelete