Thursday, March 10, 2011

JUST SOME MUSING

At 1:00PM I’m sitting under my awning on my lounge chair. Bennie is alternating between sleeping in the sun and then sleeping in the shade. He was at the puppy spa yesterday so his hair is nice and short and he’s CLEAN. The groomer said she had to bathe him FOUR times !! LOL He was very, very dirty.Island with a palm tree

It’s a perfect 70F/21C with a very soft, very light breeze. I think this is maybe only the second time I’ve had my awning out since that fiasco while boondocking in Winterhaven – see awning fiasco

Look at what I just did ! Pointing upPointing upPointing up I see on other Blogs where they can insert a link and calling it something else and I’ve always wondered how to do that. But there have been so many other things I’ve had to learn about blogging that I never got around to figuring it out. Well the other day I was trying to learn something new and came across how to do it. Doing good with one of my New Year’s resolutions: LEARN TO BLOG BETTER ok, I’m just showin’ off now…… Rolling on the floor laughingSarcastic smile

I decided yesterday that this was going to be a ‘stay at home’ day – not that I’ve really been doing very much nor going very far. I took a little scoot to Tombstone twice and Sierra Vista twice (not much in Sierra Vista) and around Bisbee a couple of times. Had to go to the local hardware store ya know. LOL

It is so quiet here today in the Park – well other than the traffic noise from the street just below but I don’t mind that. The “idiot” is gone out. Oh, I haven’t told you about the “idiot”. Well there’s a woman camping here in a very small fifth wheel who has SEVEN very large dogs. And these dogs bark constantly ! It has been driving me insane as well as the other campers here. But the difference is that these other campers are only here for a night or two, whereas I’ve been here for almost two weeks now and likely will be here for another week. Now you know I love dogs and my heart breaks for these animals. She has a very small area caged off around her site and in the entire time I have been here they have not been outside this caged area once !! She keeps them inside mostly but when they are out they are barking non-stop – all of them. I have spoken to the Park Manager and she says there’s nothing she can do. Well I’ve been in enough different Parks by now to know that any other RV Park would not put with this.

So because she’s gone out, the dogs are inside and quiet. Therefore, I am enjoying my day. I did a little bit of cleaning and a little bit of laundry. The laundry is hanging on a rack outside now and I am watching it dry. You didn’t know that laundry dries faster when you watch it ?? Oh, And for D&D re their future RV budget – drying your clothes outside is just another way to cut back on expenses.

So that’s about it for day. Not even any pics or videos.

P.S. I think it's time for a honkin' big nap now.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you girl. Sure hope you're all better now. Since you've been out and about a bit you must be a lot better. I had some kind of crud yesterday and lost my voice but better today.

    Seven dogs! That's not acceptable. And you're right, park management could do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on learning the HTML code! It took me quite a while to figure it out. Blogger U as does YouTube has some great tutorials.

    Weird about the dogs. I don't know too many parks that would put up with that. My guess is it's family.

    Arizona sucks the moisture out of everything...laundry, skin, hair. NO Moisture Allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH the Ducks are on their game today ! And YES (like the fool) I clicked on your link to see where you linked it to. But I didn't know you could do it in comments !! LOL

    And there's Giant getting all teckie on me calling it those HTML code thingies. No, it's not family as far as I can tell since talking to the Camp Host. I've gone through more hand lotion in the last month than I have in the last year ! Yes, DRY.

    Sandie, Still feeling a bit off so not quite up to travelling quite yet, which is why (mainly) I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, It's about 5:00PM now and it's a delicious 72F/22C and the campground is now in full shade - PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day! And aren't you wise to make the most of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! you are really getting the hang of this blog thing now. It takes everyone some time to get use to it and to find new ways to do things.

    That Bennie is a dirty dog. My favorite kind. By the way, We have a fifth wheel. You asked awhile back and I fogot the answer you.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Funny post :) I like your writing style! Sad to hear about the seven dogs making all the noise! The peacefulness is one of the things I treasure about this lifestyle, I love dogs, but having that many of them in an RV would make for a noisy life...

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard Mike ! Guess you saw me over at To Simplify. What a great Blog that is. Kimbo Kimbo's Blog got me hooked on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I did see you there! Glenn is a cool character, we have met up a few times out on the road. I always enjoy seeing him! Kim is a cool gal too! Hey, Love your Harley! I sold both of mine in the last few years and miss them tons now! I think I may have to build a chopper and keep it at my Dad's ranch. I thought I could live without em, but it is just not working!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete