Sunday, March 6, 2011

BISBEE & TOMBSTONE, ARIZONA

This mining pit is located right next to the RV Park where I am staying.  This is one DEEP pit !!

0102
BISBEE, ARIZONA

To learn more about this pit you can click on the following link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104464288903377269880/Mar42011BISBEEAZ?authkey=Gv1sRgCImU1ry6pYTwOQ#

I spent some time in Tombstone yesterday and today.  I LOVE these old Western towns. I was definitely born in the wrong era – amongst other things !! LOL

 

SHHHWINK-03

I took a gazillion pics and here are some of them.  If you want to see them all click on this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104464288903377269880/Mar62011TOMBSTONEAZ?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWNoLC79YPRjQE#

0507

1114

1622

2928

DOWNTOWN TOMBSTONE, AZ
BRAWL IN THE STREET

This little girl fell in love with Bennie (and who wouldn’t !!) and wanted to take him for a walk.

TOMBSTONE GRAVEYARD

Bennie and I took a ride on the trolley:

30

He looks quite relaxed here don’t you think….

31

Another little girl fell in love with Bennie and wanted to give him her hat:

32

And lookie here, I found me another Cowboy !!

33

They were explaining to me that the guns were REAL (although the bullets were not)

35

And then it hit me – THE GUN WAS REAL !!

36

I had never held a ‘real’ gun before.  C’mon Folks – I’m a Canadian !!  We don’t carry guns !!!

CANADA

So that was part of my time in Tombstone.  Still lots more to see so I guess I’ll have to go back there.  It’s only about 20 miles from ‘home’.

9 comments:

  1. Sure looks like an awesome place to hang for a while, Judy and I would love it there for the winter!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great places to visit in the SW. Almost too many! You'll never run out of things to do and see!

    Cyndi and Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree - we had a great time in Tombstone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you're back in the saddle again. I remember those places as a kid and how much I loved the whole western thing. Probably why I ended up being a horse person and not a motorcylce person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, so relaxed! I'm sure you didn't have any questions for those cowboys. Alfie would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to visit you friends in Sacramento. Lori, Lisa, and the two horses ...er large dogs would like to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'll get there eventually my friends. But it's gotta get a smidge warmer and less rain ! Just looked at the forecast and you guys got rain for the next while. Get your bikes polished up though !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sassy, Arizona is a very gun friendly place. They allow open carry and don't require a license for concealed carry. BTW, just looked at your rig. Nice! Oh, love the Harley.
    Michael
    rv0777.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael, It seems all of the United States is 'gun friendly'. Pretty scarey I think. Everyone I've spoken to in Arizona carries a gun. Oh Me Nerves !

    ReplyDelete