Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SHE’S GAILIN’ TONIGHT

“The Wind Advisory is now in effect until 5 PM MST /4 PM PST/ Wednesday.
* Affected area: the lower deserts of southwest Arizona and southeast California... including the lower Colorado River valley between Blythe and Yuma.
* Timing: strong gusty north winds will develop this afternoon and evening and peak in strength after midnight. The strong winds will persist through the afternoon hours on Wednesday.
* Winds: strong gusty north winds from 20 to over 40 mph are expected. Peak gusts later tonight through Wednesday afternoon could reach to around 50 mph.
* Impacts: strong winds could generate areas of blowing dust and sand which would sharply lower visibility. This would be a hazard to motorists. In addition... gusty shifting Crosswinds could be dangerous to drivers of high profile vehicles on east- west oriented roads and highways such as Interstate 10 near Blythe.
Precautionary/preparedness actions...
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between 30 and 40 mph are expected... or wind gusts of between 40 and 58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra
caution.”

Now THANKFULLY I have that “life experience” already dealt with !

http://sassysondaroad.blogspot.com/2011/01/awningpart-2.html

And I intend to have only one ‘life experience’ per incident !!  LOL  I don’t have my awning out while boondocking here for such a short time – and quite frankly, after the last experience I’m still not certain I will EVER put it out again !!  LOL

But we’re really rockin’ here tonight – everything is rattling - will make for a nice lula-bye sleepie tonight…..or not….  AND to be on the absolute safe side, I just put in my slide !!  Makes for a tighter quarters, but hey, I’m just layin’ back here with a full belly, doing my jigsaw puzzle.  While Bennie was looking on thinking (I’m sure) “If I look pitiful enough, maybe she’ll give me a scrap ?”

1112

6 comments:

  1. Yikes. And, here, we got us a mess of ice and freezing rain. If you can't get a little calm in the deserts of Arizona, WHAT'S NEXT?

    Tell Bennie to chill out and comment on the Duck. It's good for him.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wind is supposed to make it all the way to us here on the East Coast, along with a bunch more snow.

    We got about 4.5" of snow yesterday (a piffling for us), got a couple more inches last night, and are supposed to get 8-12" more today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, I drove north, out of Quartzsite, to Vegas. The winds were brutal! And it's cold here!!! What was I thinking!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise.....biked from Douglas Az to Wilcox on Monday fighting what seemed like Gale Force Winds coming from the side....hit Wilcox at 3pm and said enough of this and booked into the Days Inn.
    It seemed like we had been leaning the mc to the left to compensate for the wind/hail and dust...my helmet near stangled me as the wind attempted to pull it off.....what fun lol....stay warm....Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were lucky here in Desert Hot Springs. Strong winds were forecast for last night, but nothing happened at all - just a mild breeze. Sure hope that continues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Southern California, USA

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, ~Ron :-)

    ReplyDelete