Sunday, February 13, 2011

A LAUNDRY RACK AND A FLAG POLE

How many people does it take to install a laundry rack on the back of my RV ? ONE – and it wasn’t me !!

How many people does it take to put together a ‘home-made’ flag pole ? FOUR – and that would be TWO adults; ONE teenager and ONE four-legged child.

I bought this laundry rack ‘awhile’ ago – it was one of those things I saw on the back of someone’s rig while in an RV Park and had to have it immediately ! LOL It was only a week or so ago that I finally got to opening it to discover there was NO hardware in the box. The box had been previously opened so I guess it fell out.

While going through my records to find the receipt I discovered I had bought it December 15th, 2010 ! Well that’s ‘awhile’ ago isn’t it !! LOL

Here is the link to the pics posted today:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104464288903377269880/2011February12th?authkey=Gv1sRgCLKA166Rh8ySEQ#

I finally got to CW to get the hardware and yesterday decided I was going to put it together.

0203

By following the directions precisely I got the bracket thingie on the rack – simple enough !

04

But now to get it on to the ladder on the back of the rig ----- Wasn’t going to happen. I fooled around with it for almost an hour – leaving it and coming back – because I knew there was something very simple that I was missing. No way could I figure out how it attached to the ladder. Near gave it ‘da flick into the desert !

Left it alone and decided to have a nap. A little while later I hear this ‘hello – hello’. It was Donna (from HD Forums) and her Daughter CJ. YES, SHE TRACKED ME DOWN AGAIN !! LOL She came by in her car to see if I had errands to run. And of course I did. Wanted to go to Home Depot (or equivalent) to get PVC piping for my flag pole.

While she was waiting for me to get ready she took a look at my laundry rack and WITHIN MINUTES had it attached to my ladder. What was I doing wrong you might ask ?? Following the directions, I would answer !!

Went to Lowe’s where hubby Joe joined us and we got the stuff needed. While at Lowe’s I took these pics. The State of Arizona CLEARLY doesn’t realize it’s FEBRUARY – the dead of WINTER - for cripes sake !!

0506

0708

A few more errands checked off my list and back home where Donna proceeded to put my flag pole together. You will notice how CJ (teenager) and Bennie (dog) are doing a fabulous job of ‘supervising’ ! I wasn’t TOTALLY useless – my job was to drill the holes in the PVC and take the pics.

0910

1112

G’Night Folks

1415

1617

3 comments:

  1. It would be dangerous to introduce Donna and Annie. They'd have the siding replaced before you knew you wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLMAO - I think you might be right about that !! Donna must have asked me 10 times if I had any laundry to hang after she 'installed' the rack. And I could see her looking around to see what else needed to be done ! She's great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - thanks so much for taking pity on our friend. Sassy - I'm afraid I'd be in the same boat as you with not figuring out how to get the thing hung up. I probably wouldn't have even gotten the brackets on. Thank goodness I have Jim. The flagpole looks great.

    ReplyDelete