Friday, February 4, 2011

I GOT CHROME

Finally got “the call” from Harley Davidson on Wednesday – the part is in !! WOOO HOO They suggested bringing the bike in that afternoon so they could start on it first thing Thursday morning. And YES, I could park ‘the house’ in their parking lot overnight…..WITH being able to plug in to electricity. HOW SWEET IT IS !!

0102

03

They finished early (funny though they didn’t decrease the quoted price for the labour !!), and I was on the road by 1:30PM. Figured I would go as far as Gila Bend. Through prior searching, I found a place with full hook-ups (although I only use electricity when I’m just pulling in for the night) for $11.99 (with Passport America). I knew this place was no ‘gem’ but for an overnight at that price who cares !! OK, So the ‘view’ from the living room window wasn’t so great, but I was outta there first thing this morning.

001

I knew I was going to spend the next week (possibly two weeks *gasp*) in the Mesa or Apache Junction area. I had read about Usery Mountain Park and REALLY wanted that to be ‘home’. But they do not take reservations (first come-first served) and of course January and February are ‘peak season’ here.

I got on the road early this morning (well, early for me LOL) and got here by 11:00AM. Don’t even ask how many wrong turns I made – I’m not discussing that anymore !! Good thing I did because they were full, however, I could park in their overflow parking lot ($10.00 to park in a parking lot !!! grrrr) and I was number 2 on the list. I will definitely get a spot tomorrow as there are two sites that have to be out by tomorrow as their 14 day limit is up.

Plus there are several other sites that may be available as the people had not confirmed if they are staying longer. Either way, I’m guaranteed. As the day progressed more and more people came in and now the overflow parking lot is full.

I took a walk around the Park this afternoon and this place is gorgeous. Look forward to lots of pics. Won’t be hearing any highway or train noise here that’s for sure !!

OK I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST – I KNOW YOU CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE “CHROME” PICS – AND YOU KNOW I TOOK THEM !!

Front forks ‘before’ pic on left; ‘after’ pic on right – oh they are so gorgeous I have to add a third one. Don’t forget to clickie so you can see the pics nice and big !!

FORKS-BEFOREFORKS-AFTER

FORKS-AFTER-02

Left pic = before and right pic = after:

LEFT-BEFORELEFT-AFTER

RIGHT-BEFORERIGHT-AFTER

OH, I’m sure going to have to be careful with Bennie around here. While we were walking today he got one of those things in his paw (don’t know what they are called but they have a gazillion very sharp needle like things in them !) and it obviously hurt so much he fell on his face and got ANOTHER one in the side of his little face.

But God love him, he was so good while I was trying to get them out – constantly stabbing myself at the same time. He just stayed still and whimpered…broke my heart. Now if that was Turner (for those that knew Turner) he would want them out YES – but would be biting me and pulling away the whole time !! LOL I’m going to have to keep tweezers with me all the time while I’m here.

Now as my Brother would say “That’s enough gibberish for tonight !”

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The girl's get those stickery things a lot but they have learned to stop and raise their paw and we'll come to their rescue. Hopefully, Bennie will learn to stop before he falls again.

    Usury Park is definitely gorgeous. Hope you get a great site today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrome looks great.....more shiney parts to polish
    If you want to go for a ride let me know...I will show you the trail to Tortilla Flats.....its great beyond to Roosevelt Dam but becomes gravel and is not suitable for our type of bikes.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bennie. Those burrs are just awful!

    I don't know anything about bikes but the chrome looks great (and it makes you happy) so it must be good.

    I predict you are going to have a great time out there. In fact, I might even say you are "obligated" to enjoy yourself for those of us living vicariously through you. LOL!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor puppy, burrs are no fun.

    The chrome is very nice - better you than me for the cleaning though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob, How's Tuesday sound for a run ? I'm going on one tomorrow, therefore will need a 'rest' day on Monday, plus Tuesday's forecast is in the low 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bennie talking: Ya, I HATE those burr things ! But I gots a great Mom and she gets them out as fast as she can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so now I'm really jealous..the chrome front end and the switches look awesome and far better than any scenery picture, ya knows I'd love them!! FANTASTIC! Ride safe.....
    HB

    ReplyDelete