Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THEY NEEDED TO BE WASHED ANYWAY


I laboured over the “Title” for this particular post. I thought of naming it:

“JUST A SHITTY DAY” or
“THE WAND” or
“A DAY THAT WENT IN THE TOILET” or
“WHAT A ‘CRAPPY’ DAY”

It didn’t start off good when I woke up with a lot of pain radiating down the left part of my neck and shoulder. I just slept wrong I told myself. But for those of you who know the history of this pain will know I feared the worst.

Popped a few pain killers and decided to leisurely wash some of the outside windows. Had to empty the tanks also as the gray was full. 

While doing that my neighbours (a wonderful couple, Dorothy and Glen from B.C.) told me about using “The Wand” to clean out my tanks.

I did own such an object, however, thought it was only used for clearing out clogs in the toilet should you experience such a thing………And I DID experience such a thing early in my RV’ing career !! ‘Nuff said about that !!



Wand-02


So like everything else I do, I sized it all up very carefully. Testing the Wand OUTSIDE; turned the water off; brought the Wand inside blah blah blah. Had to make sure there were going to be no ‘mistakes’. Actually Dorothy and Glen and I joked about it.

06

Glen wanted to help me but NO I said as this was something I needed to know that I could do without assistance.

So finally I’m all ready to go. Probably spent an hour ‘preparing’. Next thing you know the Wand came apart from the hose and water went EVERYWHERE !! I screamed to Glen (whom I didn’t want to help me LOL) to shut the water off. THANKFULLY it was ‘fresh’ water. This picture shows where it came apart:

07

This picture shows how clever I was utilizing a mirror butted up against a box of Kleenex to hold the handle open:

08
Walls were dripping with water; floor was flooded; toilet paper soaked.......

09


The morale of the story is – I guess the walls; toilet; sink; floor needed to be cleaned anyway !!! LOL

Once the chaos settled down I noticed Bennie was nowhere in sight. He doesn’t wander far and when I called him he came to me. He seems to like going UNDER the rigs around here. Look at the dirt – and I had just bathed him a few days ago !! groan

And they say this RV'ing stuff is supposed to be relaxing !!! 

1011







7 comments:

  1. Could just call it "Ahhhh Shit"!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too funny. You just never know what new adventure you're going to have in RVing land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping World sells a little adapter that allows you to use your bathroom faucet with the wand. I know, I went through what you did. LOL! The adapter makes it a breeze! Oh, and it's not expensive if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it wasn't funny at the time, But you have to admit it's pretty funny!

    I thought those kind of things only happen to us.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna(Froggi), You can be ASSURED I will be getting said adaptor !! I've already found it on the Camping World website and it's only $10.00.

    Cruzin, hmmm, ya, sometime down the road I'll think it was funny also....not yet though. LOL

    Oh, And trust me, I SAVED you from the more graphic details and pics. Like when I finally got all the water soaked up off the floor and I had to take "The Wand" out of the toilet (in order to re-attach it to the hose)and rested it in the sink.....where it fell out etc. etc. I dare say a few "Fooie's" (insert more appropriate "F" word)came out of my mouth !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man. In five months of RVing, our experiences dumping have all been okay, but I've heard the horror stories.

    I've been thinking about getting the Flush King for easy backflushing and tank washing. To get the, ahem, shit off of the tank walls I use a bag or two of ice + some water every few months. Drive around a bit with it in the tank, then dump.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sassy running to the Camping World website to find out what a 'Flush King' is.......

    ReplyDelete