Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LOTS OF BOONDOCKING IN MY FUTURE !!

Today Ben and I decided to go for a run on the bike (yesterday was too stinkin’ HOT). We packed our lunch and off we went. Decided to head towards Yuma to see if we could find anything of interest.

Much to our surprise we came across a Harley Davidson store !!

Shock

Wink

Well now, what were we to do ??? It was calling us !!! And we had not been in a HD Store in ages !!

01

.

.

.

.

.

.

Before we went in we got chatting with this couple who also takes their dog with them on the bike.

02

.

.

.

.

.

.

The seat for the dog was custom made by the Owner and the dog is harnessed in. We chatted for ages and then off they went. Actually they are staying in Quartzsite (my next stop) so I hope to run into them again. As they left, the dog was barking her little heart out. They said she always does that when they first start out and then settles right down.03

.

.

.

.

.

We went in (yes, they allow pets to come in to the store) and browsed around. This was actually one of the smallest HD stores I have been in. Barnett’s in El Paso has spoiled me though because of their sales. This store had no sales and there wasn’t anything that was calling to me. We ‘nearly’ left there unscathed……nearly.

I got chatting with the guy on the parts desk because he really liked Bennie and wanted a small dog just like him. I asked for pricing on the chrome switch housing and it was mega moola !! Then I got talking to him about getting the front forks chromed……which I’ve wanted to get done every since I got the bike. Even BIGGER mega moola !!!

I really don’t know how it happened….but he showed me his bike with the front forks chromed……next thing you know I was arranging to get it done on mine !!! So he has to order a part and when I get back from Quartzsite I’ll be bringing the bike in there to get it done. Cost ??? cough….cough….cough !!

Moral of the story….I’ll be doing a lot of boondocking in the future to offset what I just spent today.

Came home later and enjoyed this outstanding sunset:

04

005

****Clickie on any pics to see it bigger*******

5 comments:

  1. nothing like spending $$!!..have fun boondocking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter how small a HD store is, there's always room to spend money!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to stop at Harley shop's. The smallest one I have ever been in is Prescott. AZ. It is right down town across from the court house and really small. Stop there if you ever get in the area.
    We may see you in Qz. Thinking of going over for a day or 2. Its only 100 miles from where we live here at Congress, AZ at the North Ranch Escapee park.. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness there are really great places to boondock near Yuma. Makes it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of boondocking spots west of Yuma on Ogilbe Road. If Harley's & their accessories (+ insurance) weren't so darned expensive I would probably have one. In the meantime I'll just have to stick with my Honda Shadow Aero 1100.

    ReplyDelete