Saturday, January 22, 2011

I’M IN “ Q “ !!!

Quartzsite, Arizona – simply known at “Q” in the RV community. This little town has a population of only a couple of thousands AND only TWO REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS !!!  That’s for Tol !!  LOL

Naturally I had heard of “Q”, people told me a little bit about “Q”, and I even read a bit about “Q”.  But NOTHING prepared me for what I was about to see.

If you want to know more about it there are a gazillion website you can view when you Google Quartzsite.  Here are but a few: http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

http://gosw.about.com/od/festivalsandevents/p/quartzite.htm

http://www.bctravelwriters.com/grieco/quartzite/index.html

I’ve been told that during January and February there are between 750,000 to 1 MILLION RV’ers here.  I was also told today that there are 68 RV Parks in the Quartzsite area !!

However, the SEA of RV’s are in the boondocking areas = FREE.  I kinda like that price.  LOL  There is simply no explaining this place – it’s one of those things you absolutely have to experience for yourself.  You can be among the ‘crowds’ or you can be off to yourself.

The pictures do no justice to what you see.  I took a little ride into ‘town’ today and my jaw hasn’t closed since I arrived here.  I even bought two Canadian flags today.  A small one for the bike and a larger one to put by my ‘campsite’ when I get a flag pole.  I asked my Aunt to mail me a Canadian flag when she was sending me my mail and she couldn’t find one so sent a Newfoundland flag instead.  I had to come all the way to Arizona to get a Canadian flag.  LOL

01

02

03

04

05

06

07

08

09

10

11

MY VIEW TONIGHT.

5 comments:

  1. That IS reasonable rent! I love it!

    I'm so envious (in a good way) and hope to join everyone next year in my very own rig.

    I wonder how many UNregistered sex offenders there are?

    Keep us posted .... Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. The pictures don't do it justice and you just can't explain it to anyone. Q is an experience! Now if this stupid wind would quit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmer, There's just some things I'd rather NOT know. LOL

    Sandie, Pretty windy here today also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Patsy - where are you putting the Nfld flag?

    This place looks fanastic - Mart and a buddy SO want to drive to AZ and ride their quads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, This whole place is quad heaven. Tell him to do it !!

    ReplyDelete