Saturday, January 29, 2011

GOTTA GET A NEW ‘TOUR GUIDE’

Yesterday Paul and I took our last ride together. He’s heading out tomorrow (Sunday) towards the East Coast. Silly Boy !!!

COLD

.

.

.

.

We took the scenic route to Bouse, AZ, via Plomosa Rd. (less than 40 miles) and were on the road not 10 minutes when we pulled in for pics.

0102

.

.

.

.

.

Not long later we found a lovely little Park to have our lunch.

03

This Park is on BLM Land and has electric and water hook-ups on your site with sewer dumping within the Park. Cost = $10.00 a night !!!

I got talking to one of the Hosts there who also rides a Heritage Softail – GOOD TASTE !! LOL He already has his front forks chromed (at 1/3 the cost of what I’m paying but we won’t talk about that !!) and now that I’ve actually seen it on a Heritage I can’t wait for next week when I’ll be getting mine done.

Other than that it was a fairly uneventful (but fabulous ride). We headed to Parker and then I don't know where until we got back around 4:00PM.

Good Night Folks….

0405

6 comments:

  1. great sunsets for the last ride!..what is he??crazy..it's snowing back east!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - it's sad that it will be a whole year before we see Mr. Paul again. But fool that he is - he just wants to get out of this beautiful weather we're having.

    Glad you had a great ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What park offers the $10 / night camping with hookups? We've never stayed in a park with hookups, but I'm curious to try it and $10 / night seems like the right way to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OurTake: We took Plomosa Rd from Quartzsite to Bouse.....which is only about 30 miles. About 1/2 way there we saw this little park. It's on the right hand side - you can't miss it. It's a BLM park and I cannot remember the name of it....sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to do a double-take when you said he was headed back east. I AM back east, and can say with authority that if he is in his right mind, he definitely doesn't want to be here!

    ReplyDelete