Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE AWNING–PART 1

The other day I decided to see if I could put out my awning “all by myself”. I’ve had it out several times in the last months but always with someone, first doing it for me, and then watching carefully while I did it myself…..frantically making notes of what to do and most importantly….the order in which it was done.

I contemplated going over to Sandie asking if she would watch me as I was doing it to make sure I was doing it right – but decided NO I can do this myself. Turns out she doesn’t have a clue about awnings so just as well !! LOL

I pull out my carefully documented notes:05

And start the process. Didn’t get too far when I saw that I had a problem:01

02

The left arm was not coming down. The strap to the awning is supposed to be in the middle when you roll it up and the last time I rolled it up the awning took off on its own and the strap ended up to the side.

Off I went over crying to Sandie who (as I already said) doesn’t have a clue about awnings but she was chatting with friends (Paul & Sue ??) who came over to look at it. They got to my rig before me as I had to stop while Bennie did his “morning constitution”. By the time I reached my rig they had it fixed.

“THE AWNING – PART 2” will have to wait for later as I simply don’t have the strength right to talk about it. One little ‘hint’ is that it was quite windy last night……

In the meantime, let me introduce you to Scooter and Skittlez. They are Sandie and Jim’s two little precious dogs….but they don’t like Bennie !!! I mean WHO doesn’t like Bennie ???

03

04

.

.

.

.

.

.

They LOVE sitting on the dash of their rig watching all the goings on outside.

3 comments:

  1. Whoah! I'm glad that you had friends nearby to help out. If it's any consolation, it took us a couple of weeks to realize that our awning could be raised to be parallel to the ground and not just at a slant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. I really should learn these things about awnings and whatnot. But I can't even reach ours so I just kind of forget about learning about it. And the "girls" don't like any other dog. Really is frustrating but that's the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah they can be a pain in the arse, I had a 24 ft on my 45 ' park model home up north! I have had a few choice words with them in the past!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete