Thursday, December 30, 2010

YUP, STILL IN TEXAS

Did not want to over-stay my welcome at Wally's so decided to check into an RV Park yesterday (read: I wanted electricity !! LOL). So yesterday I pulled in to the Mission RV Park in El Paso, Texas. Once I had a wee nap (I had been up since 5:30AM) I FORCED myself to drop by the HD Dealership:.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

This store is MASSIVE. I never thought I would utter the words that a HD store is too big. But just when I thought I had gone through everything (quickly), there was another room to browse through.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then there was their outdoor Tent area where there were 10's of thousands of items, all about 75% off the regular price. I just might have to pop by there again today. But I was frugal and only bought the obligatory T-Shirt:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And a baseball cap for those bad hair days:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And a few decals - they were $1.00 ! Regular price is $7.95:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I had planned on staying two nights here but now I'm thinking I might get back on the road. That may change as it's only 6:20AM as I'm writing this. This place is located right off the I-10 and while a few nights ago I was falling asleep to the sounds of the waves of the ocean, last night I fell asleep to the sounds of the 18 wheelies roaring by.
.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great deals. What I find amazing is that I CAN fall asleep to the sounds of the 18 wheelers. Life on the road has certainly helped me learn how to sleep. Drive safe. Our bad weather is moving out of the area but it's really gray and dreary out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, It didn't stop me from falling asleep. LOL

    ReplyDelete