Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WHO TURNED OFF THE FURNACE ??!!

Lord Have Mercy !! Last night I was riding with just a T-Shirt on and today I rode with gear on like I was riding in Newfoundland in June ! My lined boots and lots of layers. I REFUSED to wear my heated jacked ! LOL Frikkin' COLD today. My neighbour told me it dropped 25 degrees in an hour at some point overnight. At one point the temperature said it was 16C, but no way.....it felt more like about 5C. Further SOUTH I'm going.
 
Bennie and I went for a little run this afternoon (about an hour or so) with no "errands" to do and no destination in mind. A turn here and a turn there and I ended up going full circle back to where I basically started. It was a little windy today (nothing like Newfie winds mind you) and at one point I ended up going over this massive bridge. The cross-winds were not pleasant and I just held on for dear life. LOL I realized that once I got over it I had been holding my breath.
 
So another turn here and there and look what I see directly in front of me:


NOT in this lifetime I thought. Thankfully there was a place to turn off just before it and that's exactly what I did. So we ended up back in old historic downtown St. Augustine where I parked the bike and took Bennie for a little stroll. Here's a few pics:




Beautiful huh. The State Park where I'm staying is only a few minutes from there. But unfortunately it was too cold to hang out very long so we headed home.
 
Oh BTW (Aunt Theresa) I washed the floors in the kitchen, living room, dining room, hall and bathroom tonight. All 5 sq. ft. of them !! I'm exhausted.....ROTFLMAO

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sassy, I hope you enjoy your day and keep the blog coming. We'll see you again in the spring riding season!

    Tracy and Darryl CMC 024 St. john's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Sassy
    Happy Birthday to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh right....FACEBOOK ! Glad you guys saw it 'cause I'm not even aware of days nevermind dates !! LOL
    BTW Fellow Riders.........I've been ridin' my bike EVERY DAY. Apparently the weather god's in the South haven't been told it's December !! shhhh Don't tell them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU YOUNG THING, 29 AND COUNTING .LOL...WE REMEMBERED YOUR BIRTHDAY WITHOUT THE BLOG SO YOU CAN'T SAY WE'RE AS OLD AS YOU THINK WE ARE HAHAH...HAVE A GOOD ONE, STAY SAFE. YOUR PALS D & D X0X
    P.S. ENJOYED YOUR PIC.'S...TXS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flash,flash news bulletin. Big sale at Wallys 10 Bungie cords for $ 1.00. Bennie says please dont tell her. I will be going for another ride in the torture chamber again with at least two hundred bungie cords protecting me. Does she really think that I not scared to death as she is driving down these roads and all the other vehicles are bringing up the rear. Oh my poor little nerves. Never saw so many cords in my life. Well you sure are keeping busy. You sure are keeping your little quarters nice and clean. Very proud of you. Just had to post a note from Bennie. Luv you Aunt Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D & D, Thanks for the Birthday wishes !! You guys should be doing something like this !

    Aunt Theresa, ROTFLMAO That was a funny post ! If you only knew how many F'ing bungee cords I have and now more ratchet straps !! Me Nerves !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Denise,

    Hope you had a nice birthday, I assume you went for your daily ride. So glad the weather is cooperating.... last week we were the 5th coldest place (AB) on the planet, something like -46 at the airport YUK! Stay safe,

    ReplyDelete