Saturday, December 25, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES

Well that was quite the storm we had here last night. The RV was rocking so bad I was afraid it was going to tip over. It can't do that, right ???? Lots of puddles of water around today and COLD plus the wind never died down at all. I checked at one point and it was only 5C. So Bennie and I didn't get to go for our walk on the Beach today.
.
Yesterday I finally got my 'States' Map done and put up. Now that was tedious !
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I made an "executive decision" (after all I AM the EXECUTIVE LOL) and decided to put the State stickers on the ones I 'passed through' also.
Then I proceeded to wash the RV. Now that was a BIG job. I tire easily due to Lupus and Fibromyalgia so it took me the whole day. When we were kids and Mom would MAKE us do housework (that we DID NOT want to do and therefore did half ass), she would say "that was a lick and a promise". LOL Well the RV got a lick and a promise. I couldn't give it a real thorough job like I wanted to. Then again, if I did that, being as neurotic as I am, I'd be at it until next year !! LOL
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Tomorrow I'm hitting the road again to (eventually - maybe) get to Arizona. I figure I'll make it as far as the San Antonio area tomorrow. I'll be doing a few Wally nights in order to keep the expenses down. So today, despite the sub zero (almost) temperatures I got the 'basement' packed up and the little pup packed complete with the bike tied down. I also secured the cupboards inside. Only thing to do tomorrow is empty the tanks, unplug the electrical and remove the water hose.
.

4 comments:

  1. Denise - be on the lookout for Blue Beacon truck washes. They also wash RV's for $35. We love them. Don't forget - we're going to be in Yuma around the 5th of January for about three weeks. Boondocking so it's pretty cheap. And warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to be kidding me !! I near killed myself when I could have had it done for $35.00 !!! I'll be googling that for sure. Thanks !
    Yuma - Sweet mother of god Sandie, that's 1,341 miles or 2,158 kms from where I am now ! I'll see you there in 2012 !!!! LOL Guess I'll have to 'up' my quota of doing 200 miles a day for a few days - and then resting for a week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paula, I hope you and Dennis have a great Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete