Wednesday, December 22, 2010

R-D-F

RDF is rain, drizzle and fog for my non-Newfie friends.

And that's the kinda morning it was.....well, without the rain or the drizzle and it was WARM !! LOL It was foggy here one other morning, but it burned off very quickly.

Today it stayed until almost Noon and then the Sun came out. But it was WARM. Not used to connecting 'Fog' with 'Warm'. I decided to wash the little pup. Ashamed to say this is the first time I've washed it - ever ! I think it took me longer to get everything ready to wash it than it did to actually do the job.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Check out that fog:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I took these two pics so you could see the difference on the section that was washed and the section that wasn't. If you look closely (and really who else cares but me - LOL) you will see a line down the middle of the side that looks more like a shadow:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After that BIG job was done Bennie and I took a walk along the Beach. Here are some of the houses - many of which are For Sale !! Now remember people this is frikkin' DECEMBER !!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I saw this on the Beach and haven't a clue what it is, but I thought it was interesting:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Naturally Bennie didn't want to walk on the CLEAN, dry sand. Oh NO, he much preferred to go into the water and get all muddy !
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Ever since Troy (the Owner) told me that they were struck pretty bad by Hurricane Ike here I am fascinated that this seemingly calm water could produce so much damage for so many miles. Troy told me the entire Park and across the road was completely under water.
 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

During our walk I saw this. It's not a 'hand glider' is it ? It was motorized with a fan thing at the back and whoever was in it was going everywhere. He came really close and I took several pics to get a closer one but this is the best that I got:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Pic taken on our way back from our walk:


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


After all that work and walking it was SIESTA time and then I popped up the road to gas up the bike. I'm hoping to actually get to Galveston tomorrow as there is a 'cold front' coming this way on Saturday so it's going to be cool (high 50's only) for a few days.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then I made a cuppa tea and Bennie and I enjoyed watching the sun set. Well he really didn't 'cause he was more interested in chewing on his bone:
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



































4 comments:

  1. So how far can the bike go after the red light comes on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I don't know....and hope never to have to find out !! LOL I suppose it's in the Manual - but I hate reading manuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bennie looks like he is having a great time. Looks like you have the whole place to yourself.

    BTY- We have a friend that lives here in Texas that is from Yellow Knife.NF
    Happy Holidays

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say that I've ever heard of Yellow Knife, Newfoundland. Where on the Island is it ? There is a Yellowknife, NWT (North West Territories) ??

    ReplyDelete