Sunday, December 19, 2010

OFF THE INTERSTATES AGAIN - THANKFULLY !

I stopped at another Harley Davidson (believe me I REALLY am passing dozens of them LOL) and got my token T-Shirt (didn't I just give a million t-shirts to the Goodwill ??) and actually bought something practical.....cleaning supplies for the bike. I can't even remember if this was yesterday or the day before.....or what City I was in !! LMAO But who cares !
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is exactly the kind of crap I wanted to avoid but oh no...despite hours of planning I landed smack in the middle of Houston where I did more u-turns than I care to mention. Now it's not always my fault !! The place I was trying to get to for last night said take Exit 20 on the PA website and Exit 22 somewhere else I was reading. I take Exit 20 and turn left. NOPE, that's wrong. Back on I45 and take Exit 20 again and turn right this time. NOPE, that's wrong also. Take Exit 22 and turn left. NOPE that's wrong......you get the drift !! It took me about 2 hours to find a place that was only minutes away.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I start out this morning with a positive attitude .... NOT. Once again it literally took me 2 hours to find 35S. And this time it's DEFINITELY not my fault !! Every street, highway, road etc. here has about a million different names (ok, well 3 or 4 at least). I was at a stop sign and a Police car pulled up next to me and I asked her how to get to 35S....she pointed me in a direction that was WRONG.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
10 or so miles later I KNOW it's wrong and pulled into a gas station where the young man gave me very explicit directions and wrote it all down for me. Part of the directions was getting back on the I45N. Feeling confident now off I go. Another 10 or so miles and I know this is WRONG !! I pull in to another gas station and get directions again. I was supposed to get on I45 S !! And NO I didn't misunderstand the first young man 'cause I asked him several times if he was sure I was supposed to go NORTH on the I45 and he said yes. So two hours later I finally see that glorious 35S sign. I was so relieved.

Eventually I arrive at my destination for tonight and believe me it was worth all the trouble. And there's not a soul here !! I love it ! My Mother would go off her head 'cause it would be too lonely for her but for me it's perfect. The Owner told me there's lots of good riding roads around here.
This first pic I got from their website and put a circle around the spot I am in. No, that's not my RV....I just told you I took this pic from their website !!! LOL (EDIT: Where 'da ...... (insert appropraite "F" word) did that pic go ??? It was here a second ago ??? I'm not screwing up this post by trying to add it again....just go to the website if you really want to know. LOL)

These pics I took when I got myself parked. I pulled in the opposite way that I am supposed to 'cause I wanted my slide-out where my couch is to face the beach. That means (for my non RV readers) that all my hook-ups are now on the opposite side. But thankfully I have a long extension for my electrical and a long extension for my sewer hose.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm staying put here for awhile for a number of reasons, but mainly because I have to get to a DENTIST. It's now become excruciatingly painful to eat. I've booked for a week at The Breeze RV Park, Surfside Beach, Texas.
.

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised this time of year that there isn't anybody around. We've wandered around trying to find RV parks so many times. Actually had the owners come find us one time and lead us to the park. Never dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I was really surprised also. But it only has 15 sites and the Owner said he has reservations for after Christmas. I got a really good rate....nothing close to what is advertised on the website...I wouldn't pay that amount anyway.
    Never a dull moment for sure !! I'm looking forward to a few dull moments !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My traveling rules:
    1) Never ask a local for directions. If I do, I then stop after the first turn in the directions given and ask again.
    2) MapQuest and Google Maps are more reliable than locals or GPS units. However, you can not trust them either; refer to Rule #1 if lost.
    3) Never admit to being lost, when asked where you want to go select the nearest known town. Then go back to Rule #2.
    4) Avoid Interstate Highways and large cities if at all possible.

    I have been able to travel through the Lower 48 without a GPS unit and use these 4 simple rules with only minor confusion (see Rule #3).

    ReplyDelete