Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'M FINALLY ABLE TO SPEAK

What an ordeal !! My destination for that day was Mexico Beach, FL but by the time I reached Carrabelle, Fl at 3:00PM I had enough driving and decided to pull into this place - Sunset Isle RV Park. I had read good reviews on it and they took PA.

A very pretty place and it was clear the Owner's had put a lot of work into it and it was small with only 56 lots and new. It was pretty much empty with only 2 or 3 other RV's in the place and I was checking it out to find the spot I wanted to pull in to.

Well, I came to a dead end on this beautiful brick paver road and looked to my right where I saw PLENTY of room to do a U-turn. And I got STUCK deep into the sand. The nose of the little pup was level to the ground. "Oh Dear", I said......Ya right !!!! LOL

I walked over to the one trailer that looked like it was permanent as I saw a guy looking out at me. He called the Owner immediately who was there within 10 minutes with 3 other men. They assured me I was not the first to do this. At that time, those words were not so comforting to me !! LOL

First thing I had to do was get the bike out of the little pup. Well I think only someone like Donna (Froggi) would know what an ordeal that was. But I had no choice. Once that was done, the guys moved the little pup out of the way, then proceeded to tie a rope onto my rig and his truck. The rope broke once with such a loud noise I near jumped outta my seat !!















This pic they have the rope in place but you can't see it in the pic


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My motorcycle stuff was all over the ground and blowing away everywhere. They got the RV out (I forgot to take a pic of the MASSIVE HOLE that was left there), and stayed around until I got the RV positioned into a spot and then they re-hooked the little pup up. Oh while they were doing that they rolled over Bennie's new little kennell and crushed it. I learned they had no pull-thru sites only back-in !! grrrr

Got the bike back in and I was mentally exhausted. The Owner said his wife told me to come over and have dinner with them. If you read the reviews on this place they are all good and say the wife is an amazing cook. But I declined.

I got settled back into the RV and tried to relax. After a short while I went out to the little pup and secured the bike down again. Now remember through all of this it's enough to freeze 'da arse offa ya ! LOL By now it's getting close to 6:00PM (remember I pulled in there at 3:00PM !) and I'm trying to relax. But it's not happening. I'm not feeling comfortable ?? My mind is saying that four men know I'm here alone and I saw two cars drive down this little road with young people in them.

I try to ignore my 'head'.....(don't forget that's the place where you don't even want to visit let alone live there !!) LMAO It's starting to get dark. There is no 'logical' reason for my worries. The Owner was amazing and so nice. All his sites are 50 Amp and I have 30 Amp and he even went back home again to get his converter and brought it back to me. Finally I decide that I might as well get behind the wheel and pull out. It's dark and I don't like driving after dark - more especially on these smaller roads/highways but I knew I would not be comfortable so off I went.

My (mis) adventures continue............

3 comments:

  1. I so feel for you....and I do understand the difficulties you're experiencing. My heart goes out to you. Hoping you found a quiet safe spot for the night...I stayed one night when I had that niggling feeling and got no rest. Better to do what you did....HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be glad that Bennie was not in his Kennel!!! There is always a silver lining :-) Stay Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sassy, I'm so sorry about your horrible experience. Hope everything is better now.

    ReplyDelete