Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I WAS IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE....

AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT !!?? Just goes to show how much I pay attention to the time. I have this 'thing' about needing to know the time when I go to bed. So last night I check my cell phone and it says 10:00PM ?? No way ! I knew it was much later than that. So I turned on the light and checked the clock in the bedroom. That said 11:00PM. Now that was more like it. Wonder why the time on the cell screwed up ??

So I checked it again this morning. Same thing ?? I go online to see the time in Mexico Beach and sure enough it's one hour earlier !! So I don't know what time I went to bed last night or what time I got up this morning. LOL And HOW did the cell know the right time ??? Or was that always wrong to begin with. You see the types of dilemma's I find myself in !!

I'm heading outta Mexico Beach 'cause it's too cold and heading West to eventually get to Southern Texas (I suppose). I'm sure glad I got outta Florida though because I heard on the radio they were getting freezing temps right down to the Keys !! I've got my route mapped out and decide to pop up to the Interstate (about 63 miles NORTH) to make better time. I was missin' the 18 wheelies....NOT.

I had a place lined up in Holt and Pensacola, FL plus one in Mobile, AL depending on how far I wanted to drive. Also I needed (well, not really) to stop at Camping World to pick up a few things and there was one just 8 miles off the Interstate along my route.

Happened to see this sign along my journeys today, but I was good.......I didn't stop !!



















Now despite the fact that I followed the directions to a T, I still someone managed to get on another long country road with no end in sight, trying to find the CW. Turns out I was in the next Town !! But all is not lost as it was kinda like being in Logy Bay when you should have been in Outer Cove. Close. Stopped and asked a kid where the CW was and see that I wasn't going anywhere for awhile:





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You see, I'm not the only one who gets themselves into 'pickles' ! LOL The men were actually digging out the STOP sign in order to be able to make the turn.
I find CW now no problem, due to the kids great directions and first thing I see was they had spots for hook-ups. I pull into one of those immediately. They had electric, water and sewer. I go into the store and ask if I can park there for the night (free) even though I'm only about 1/2 from my destination. But FREE is always better. No problem they said.
I picked up a few more things than what was on my list. Actually my 'list' really only consisted of one item. But this place is like going into a Harley Dealer.....you want everything !!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This was the one item on the list:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So I come back out to plug in (I don't bother with the rest just for an overnight) and it turns out the outlet is 50 AMP - I only have 30 AMP. I was looking at the 30-50AMP converters while I was in the store but decided against it as I had already spent far too much money. Back into the store I go again and buy the converter cord.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Come back out and the frigger parked next to me has his rig plugged into MY outlet !! I near went banging on his door to tell him off (not really) !! Instead I size up the situation and look on the other side of my rig (where there is another rig parked) and see that the outlet is not being used. GREAT ! Now all I have to do is turn my rig around. The fact that all the rigs were facing the same direction - except mine - didn't tip me off to the fact that I had pulled in the wrong way to begin with. ROTFLMAO . That reminds me - I must go get my hair done tomorrow - BLOND !! OH, When I get turned around and go to plug in my 'new' 50AMP converter guess what ? This electrical box is 30 AMP !!! LOL

So now you don't have to wonder anymore how I could be in a different time zone for THREE DAYS and not realize it !!!

I'm in Robertsdale, AL tonight which is about 1/2 hour from Mobile, Al and the current temperature is (as of 6:45PM) 59F/15C. Now that's more like it !! Got the windows open and no heat on. Tomorrow it is forecasted to be in the low 70's. I can take that.

3 comments:

  1. Went on Bing maps and took a look at where you are right now. Kind of neat looking spot. I'm following you by looking at the maps to see what you are really getting yourself into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda !! I've gotten myself into some mess's !! LOL One night I pulled into a place (the day I got stuck in the sand) and by 6:00PM when it was pitch dark I wasn't feeling comfortable. So I got behind the wheel again and drove another hour to the next place. LOL
    Sure wish you were on this (mis) adventure with me.....you'd LOVE it I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the rescue pet sign. We have one on our door so everybody knows we have pets. Do you also carry a 3 x 5 card with you with your campground info so if something happened to you, people would know where Bennie is and who to call.

    ReplyDelete